Muppet Film and TV References

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought of some more (some crude humor, beware):

-Dave Chappelle's standup routine about children's shows. Some of the things he says include: "Who'd wanna live on Sesame Street anyway? It's a terrible place. Frickin' 6-foot pigeons walking around. And an elephant that's a junkie. *imitating Snuffy* 'Hi, Bird, I'm sick. I need some smack, Bird!'" and "They all tell Oscar he's a mean old grouch, and he's the poorest guy on Sesame Street! You wonder why your kids grow up & step over homeless people going, 'Get it together Grouch. Get a job Grouch.'" He even calls Count von Count a pimp.

-In a Black Veil Brides interview, the lead singer is asked who his favorite Sesame Street character is. He answers, "Oscar. Because he's the most misunderstood. Poor guy lives in a trash can, everyone treats him like $h!t every day, and then they go, 'You're grouchy, why are you so mean?'. Cause he lives in a ******* trash can, okay? If you lived in a trash can and everybody was rude to you, wouldn't you be grouchy?" VERY GOOD POINT

-Some anime (I don't remember which one) had a character whose name I guess was Mana. So they said her name twice, and another character replies, "Do do do do do".

Eyeball

Reaction score
There's a few in doctor who, like in tooth and claw the doctor mentions that the muppet movie is one of his favourite movies and was one of the great events of 1979, he also mentions that Cookie Monster is alien in one of the earlier episodes too I don't remember which one.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I spotted several on "Whose Line is it Anyway?" tonight, mainly Sesame Street. On a game called "Props" either Colin or Wayne imitated Snuffy with the help of a prop. Then on another episode, in "Scenes from a Hat", one of the suggestions was "If Sesame Street was a soap opera"

Eyeball

Reaction score
Just saw one on freinds, Rachel is wearing a Cookie Monster t-shirt in the one where Estelle dies and chandler refers to Bert and Ernie in another episode.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but on "Chopped" tonight, one of the mystery ingredients was something called Guanabana nectar and one of the judges said the word in the style of "Mahna Mahna"!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, that makes me laugh because I know what a guanabana is. It's a fruit we have here in PR that's kind of light purplish in color and often sold as nectar/fruit juice.

BTW: Tonight's Faceoff episode is featuring a spotlight challenge where the remaining eight finalists have to come up with their designs for the models competing in their own version of the Miss Galaxy pageant. Too bad Miss Koozbane nor Miss Crab Nebula were among the choices.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sanjay and Craig sorta did a Labyrinth parody. It was in name only, and the only thing other than the name specifically is Tufflips sorta looking like Jarreth playing with magic orbs (they're more like stressballs, actually). But that was nice of them, I guess.

HuggaMahna

Reaction score
In the "Hot Garbage" episode of Teen Titans Go, Beast Boy was inspired to live in filth by Oscar the Grouch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On @Midnight, Chris referred to the Hulk Hogan internet leaked sex tape with a racist rant as "If it was an episode of Sesame Street, it would have been brought to you by the letter "N" and the numbers 6 and 9."

mr3urious

Reaction score
A season 2 episode of BoJack Horseman has a back-alley dumpster full of '90s props, one of which is Baby Sinclair.