Old School Sesame Street Live (1980-1999)

Neil565

Reaction score
Wow, god bless the Internet.
Before sesame street lost it's heart. I have memories of seeing at least ONE Sesame live as a kid. I remember the count, my favorite character next to oscar at the time, and people having these cool glowing strand things that created a neat wave effect if you winged them around. I think the other thing was some kind of light thingy that twirled around.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I never got to see any of these as a kid, but then again, I wasn't born in time for any of the classic ones. Great to see these videos!

stuiefan

Reaction score
Yeah me too ZNS, I've seen a few of the Pictures from that Show on E-bay.

grovelwood528

Reaction score
My parents took us twice. I vaguely remember the first time I went, not even sure which show it was. I kinda remember seeing the other one which was Big Bird and the ABCs, Teehee the alien was in it and so was Guy Smiley, it was after Jim Henson's death and there was a memorial page in the program to him. I always remember asking my parents why Big Bird wore a tie and their excuse was still the best one I think to this day: "it's a special occasion for him to leave Sesame Street and perform" also I loved how they had made up characters as the back up performers, there are so many main characters today it seems like they don't do that as much

minor muppetz

Reaction score
it was after Jim Henson's death and there was a memorial page in the program to him.
Actually, it was before Jim Henson died. It premiered in 1987, but performances continued past 1991 (I think Muppet Wiki says it toured until 1992). So you probably saw it after Jim Henson died (I think I did as well) and the program must have had a dedication added in (I wonder if they did that for all pre-1990 Sesame Street Live shows that continued around that time).