Henson-related video games

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With the new 3DS out, it would be cool to see some Muppet games in 3D. Maybe even a "Muppet Vision 3D" video game (or would a video game based on a theme park attraction be too "out there"?).

And just recently, I thought it'd be cool for there to be some kind of Muppet video game level where you play as a character who goes gliding, while various other Muppets do so at the same time, only they aren't as good as the featured player (probably Kermit), so you'd have to dodge them. And maybe in a pre-level cut scene, have Bunsen test out an automatic glider on Beaker, which blasts out of controll, making Beaker another big obstacle.

It'd be cool, as long as it's not like that gliding level in Pac-Man 2.

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
"Maybe Kermit i n a frogger-like game"
Kermit can be frogger and he could be saving the frog scouts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's an idea (and maybe I've been reading too much Muppet Mindset... Nah, you can never read too much of that...): "The Revenge of Angus McGonacle": Angus is once again scheduled for a guest spot only to once again be cancled or replaced, and this time he plans revenge on the Muppets, with the help of the Old Gypsy Lady and a number of other underused Muppets such as Bobby Benson's Baby Band (or maybe there can be a level where the babies run loose in the theater and you have to find and collect them all). I suddenly think a level where you battle Flectherbird would be pretty cool.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just recently I thought up another game idea: One that involves the Muppet Whatnot workshop.

Obviously, this game would take place at the Whatnot Workshop, and would have the Whatnots be alive. This game would allow the players to design the Whatnots before playing the actual game. And that's something I don't think has ever been done before in a video game: Players design the bad guys (including the main villain) themselves. I don't think there's ever been such a game where you design the characters who appear in the game, but it would be different. You can pick a number of designs for Whatnot enemies and a few main bosses, and after doing that, the designed Whatnots decide to escape, and you play as the Muppets in an attempt to stop them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about The New Super Luigi U, which is an expansion pack for The New Super Mario Bros. U, I wonder if it'd be cool if there were a Muppet game that could also use special "expansion packs" to include other characters and levels. Like the main game could include a few major characters as playable characters, and then an expansion pack could replace those characters with different playable characters. Like the main version can have Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo as playable characters, then another can have Rowlf, Scooter, Bunsen, and Beaker as playable characters, and another expansion pack can include Animal, Rizzo, Pepe, and The Swedish Chef.

Or maybe the main version can have five playable characters - Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Walter - and the expansion pack can be the Electric Mayhem.

I've also thought of an idea in which the Muppets acquire a new theater, only for it to be haunted or something. Actually I think I might make a fan fiction based on this idea someday.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I know this is not too creative per se, but how about a sequel/expanded version of Muppet Race Mania? Possible new playable characters can include Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, Walter, Sweetums (who was AI-only in the original), Beauregard (also previously AI-only) and more; possible new tracks could potentially be inspired by MWoO, LTS, Muppets 2011, and MMW. It would also redub many older voice recasts in the original (Vogel as Scooter and Janice, for example) with their current performers.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Forget I mentioned having levels inspired by MWoO and LTS--just "new" levels inspired by the recent two movies. Also ad Constantine as a playable character.

(Curse not having "Edit" buttons on our posts anymore!)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I like the idea of expanding Race Mania. Perhaps some tag-teaming could be featured, à la Double Dash.

Muppet Sports - Lewis Kazagger hosts a serious of sporting events, à la the Olympics. Events include lava skiing, lady wrestling, ultimate leap frog, an eating contest, and the typical sporting events (baseball, football, hockey, bowling). Featuring over 30 playable characters.

Pigs in Space - Help First Mate Piggy and Dr. Julius Strangepork rescue Captain Link Hogthrob from the evil Professor Meat Grinder, and get him home to his mommy.

The Muppet Movie -

LEVEL 1: Help Bernie the agent get out of the swamp before becoming lunch for Arnie the alligator. Bonus points for getting new clients.

LEVEL 2: Playing as Kermit on his bike, try to avoid becoming roadkill. Keep the frog from getting distracted by the giant legs. It's harder than it sounds.

LEVEL 3: Try to wake up the piano player before Kermit gets beaten up by Telly Savalas.

LEVEL 4: Playing as Kermit or Fozzie, try your best to dance while avoiding various objects thrown by the angry crowd. Bonus points for spotting Frank Oz in the crowd.

LEVEL 5: Keep the car under Gonzo and his balloons so that you can catch him once he drops. From this point on, the game gets a bit tricky as you also have to keep an eye out for Doc Hopper. Be warned, random hitchhikers may throw you off.

LEVEL 6: Playing as Miss Piggy, get yourself and your beloved frog out of the clutches of Prof. Krassman.

LEVEL 7: Scooter and the EM are reading the screenplay Kermit and Fozzie left with them. But uh oh! Animal's torn up some of the pages. Put them back together to decipher the message ("SCENE: the Muppets are stranded in the desert").

LEVEL 8: Get to the audition in time.

BONUS LEVELS:

1. Make the studebaker look like totally late '70s, man.

2. Playing as the Chef, figure out what went wrong with the film projector.

3. Playing as Sweetums, get to the screening of the movie before it ends.

4. How many characters from the final crowd shot can you name in under 60 seconds? Bonus points for spotting John Landis.

5. File a restraining order against Doc Hopper. Featuring a dramatic court battle, and Charlie McCarthy as the judge.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like the idea of expanding Race Mania. Perhaps some tag-teaming could be featured, à la Double Dash.

Muppet Sports - Lewis Kazagger hosts a serious of sporting events, à la the Olympics. Events include lava skiing, lady wrestling, ultimate leap frog, an eating contest, and the typical sporting events (baseball, football, hockey, bowling). Featuring over 30 playable characters.

Pigs in Space - Help First Mate Piggy and Dr. Julius Strangepork rescue Captain Link Hogthrob from the evil Professor Meat Grinder, and get him home to his mommy.

The Muppet Movie -

LEVEL 1: Help Bernie the agent get out of the swamp before becoming lunch for Arnie the alligator. Bonus points for getting new clients.

LEVEL 2: Playing as Kermit on his bike, try to avoid becoming roadkill. Keep the frog from getting distracted by the giant legs. It's harder than it sounds.

LEVEL 3: Try to wake up the piano player before Kermit gets beaten up by Telly Savalas.

LEVEL 4: Playing as Kermit or Fozzie, try your best to dance while avoiding various objects thrown by the angry crowd. Bonus points for spotting Frank Oz in the crowd.

LEVEL 5: Keep the car under Gonzo and his balloons so that you can catch him once he drops. From this point on, the game gets a bit tricky as you also have to keep an eye out for Doc Hopper. Be warned, random hitchhikers may throw you off.

LEVEL 6: Playing as Miss Piggy, get yourself and your beloved frog out of the clutches of Prof. Krassman.

LEVEL 7: Scooter and the EM are reading the screenplay Kermit and Fozzie left with them. But uh oh! Animal's torn up some of the pages. Put them back together to decipher the message ("SCENE: the Muppets are stranded in the desert").

LEVEL 8: Get to the audition in time.

BONUS LEVELS:

1. Make the studebaker look like totally late '70s, man.

2. Playing as the Chef, figure out what went wrong with the film projector.

3. Playing as Sweetums, get to the screening of the movie before it ends.

4. How many characters from the final crowd shot can you name in under 60 seconds? Bonus points for spotting John Landis.

5. File a restraining order against Doc Hopper. Featuring a dramatic court battle, and Charlie McCarthy as the judge.
That all sounds good, but I doubt some of those things would be done in a video game, like spotting John Landis in a crowd (unless it's a picture of the performers with their characters) and Charlie McCarthy being in the game.