Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So is The New Super Mario Bros. U out of print? It seems like I never see a new copy in stores. I bought a used copy, and don't mind that it's used (and I could have downloaded a copy), but regardless, I've noticed that whenever I'm looking at the WiiU section of a store, it is odd that I never see new copies of that particular game anymore, while I continue to see plenty of new copies of nearly every other major game for the system.

On the subject of the WiiU, does anybody know how Nintendo decides on which version of an old game that was made for multiple systems gets chosen for the eShop? One example is Wario Woods, which was released for both the NES and Super Nintendo, and yet only the NES version is downloadable. I wonder how they decided on that version and not the other. And while I don't have a big desire to play either game, does anybody know if there's a good chance of Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine (two of the few licnesed Mario games) being added to the eShop? I'm pretty sure Hotel Mario will never be added, since games seem to be organized by system and there's no "Phillips CD-i" category.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
can somebody pm me, and look over chapter 2 of my fan fic and see if any mistakes are in it ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So are series finales now premiering earlier in the TV season than season finales? Last year we got the How I met Your Mother season finale in March (but I'm glad because then we got to see the ending sooner) and this year we got the Two and a Half Men finale a few weeks ago (I should say I'm glad here as well, but for different reasons... I was glad to see how Ted met the mother sooner rather than later, but Two and a Half Men is a show that should have ended a long time ago)? And in fact have networks stopped airing reruns of shows that ended before the next television season? I hadn't heard anything about CBS continuing to show How I Met Your Mother reruns between the finale and the start of the 2014-2015 TV season, but I also hadn't watched the monday CBS line-up much at the time, but I have still been watching CBS on Thursday nights and it seems like Two and a Half Men reruns haven't been shown.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Yet another villain question! I don't really get the "Draco in Leather Pants" mentality that exists in fandom (wherein fans downplay a villain's...villainy because they find him or her attractive). If you find a villain attractive, that's fine, but why do some feel the need to try to go out of their way to excuse their evil behavior because of that? Yeah, I admit to finding Rourke from Atlantis attractive, but at least I'm honest about just liking him for his body (and that commanding voice:flirt:)! Is it just that people feel shallow if they admit to just liking a character for his or her appearance? If so, they're not real, so I don't think that matters...

I asked this question a while back (as in a year ago:fishy:), but since then, I've noticed something else about this phenomenon in particular. For example, let's look at the villains in Atlantis. Now, to be sure, Rourke doesn't get this treatment from the fandom generally (while he is a particularly heinous bad guy, it's odd, because villains worse than Rourke, like Frollo, do get it), but you know who does? His henchwoman, Helga. Oh yes, not only is she a fan favorite (nothing wrong with that), but a good number of fans praise her for helping save Atlantis (revealing the reasons they argue would be spoiler-rific, so I won't), to the point that I actually saw her listed on a page entitled "Animated Heroines"....despite the fact that she stuck with Rourke to the very end, as long as she was getting a share of the money.

Similarly, TV Tropes' YMMV page for The Great Mouse Detective lists the villain's bat henchman, Fidget, as getting this treatment, despite him staying bad till the very end (oddly enough, he and Helga had almost the exact same fate...again, won't spoil anything).

So my question is...are villain sidekicks more likely to get "Draco In Leather Pants" treatment than their bosses? You know, provided that they're named characters and not just generic goons? I think, just like villains, who gets the treatment varies, but it makes me wonder if there are any factors (aside from "hotness," or competence, or treatment) that enter into it...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does Nintendo still make new games for the Nintendo Wii, or are existing Wii games just still in print (assuming all the Wii games I see in stores are not just unsold stock from a few years ago)?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Does Nintendo still make new games for the Nintendo Wii, or are existing Wii games just still in print (assuming all the Wii games I see in stores are not just unsold stock from a few years ago)?
Nintendo no longer makes new games for it. Don't know about existing ones, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since when are people allowed to say "dick" on TV now?
They can, but only as an insult. They still can't say it in reference to slang terms to body parts.

I don't mind at all, since kids have much fouler mouths anyway. South Park is sadly the closest representation of kids I've ever experienced. And that was including in my time. They were freaking making AIDS jokes, man.

I also like how the "SH" is now perfectly okay on cable after a certain hour.