What do you know about the YouTube kid's app?

DerpSandwich

Reaction score
yeah... i agree..... i think its a good thing! Hopefully they get all the bugs fixed and our quality content will smoothly be added....and i kinda wish they would sell reasonably priced "boosting" incentives to move less famous content to the front on occasion... id pay 100 a month to know our show would be front page a couple hours hear and there... it would be worth it
I wouldn't be able to afford a monthly thing, but I would definitely love the opportunity to pay a little chunk of change every once in a while to get some exposure and see how it affects my view count. Mostly because right now my viewership is basically nonexistent, haha.

crazy chris

Reaction score
looks like your last episode was one of them... cant remember the other one...

lol... just noticed almost all of your "Steve the monster" videos are on what youtube likes to refer to as "301+ views" ... hahaha NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!

I know what this means because i accidently did the same thing on our T Time video... because i got tired of counting me every time i opened the page to view comments.... so normally youtube gives the channel owner like 20 countable views of their own... so i said...im just going to get the 20 really quick and get it over with so that i can calculate my views from then on... then BOOM! Youtube hit me with the 300+ thing...

Apparently if you rapidly click your own video over and over to chalk up views they lock it at 301+ and tell you they are investigating... if you click on that view count it will give u more info...

sorry buddy...Youtube is kinda evil...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just the reuploads I recently did of the first five seasons from my old channel before I launched my new one. Last year for Steve's 10th anniversary, I cobbled together all the episodes of his YT series into one 3-hour compilation that included the older episodes that weren't migrated from my old channel . . . but because my "April Fools" episode had Steve and Bethany doing the Rickroll and the Rickroll is now banned in the U.S. for no reason, the entire compilation has been blocked, so in the last few months, I had to reupload the individual episodes from the first five seasons to make them available for viewing on my current channel, since I've made the original uploads on my old channel (back when I had an off-brand DVD recorder that distorted tape transfers) private. And yes, admittedly, I tried to raise the view count on each of the recent uploads to match the view counts on the original uploads. Didn't work too well, obviously, but whatever.

And since we apparently can't rearrange our uploads anymore, I removed the actual uploads section from my channel, and added a new playlist also entitled "Uploads" to put those older episodes before the uploads that were made when I started the channel.

All other viewcounts aside from those particular videos should be accurate. At least, I hope so.

crazy chris

Reaction score
Its crazy how Youtube can be so fickle to unique quality posters who just want to make a little entertaining show... and yet seem to give carte blanche to the vast majority of youtube sensations who are making them money... if glove and boots wanted to do the Rick roll... i guarantee they could do the rick roll... sad

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly! This has been going on more and more in recent years, and it's very disheartening.

I remember when I first started producing content for YT back in 2007 - even though YT had already been sold to Google at that point, YT still bore resemblance to its roots, and it was more user oriented, so as such, whenever I'd upload a new episode, I'd usually get upwards of 100 views within the first 24 hours ot upload - in the last couple of seasons, I was lucky to get at least 20 views within the first week of a new upload.

It's clear that YT, as you say, postures the partner channels that put money into their pockets, and sweeps us smaller channels under the rug. What really hurt me was when a few years ago, they messed everybody's homepage feeds to where by default, they show you popular trending and viral videos, as opposed to your subscriptions, and I'm betting that's one of the reasons why my traffic has taken a serious nose-dive in the last few years. That suspicion has been confirmed when a friend of mine recently told me she had no idea Steve's series had ended in 2013, because she hadn't even seen any of the newer episodes. :stick_out_tongue:

My account apparently is eligible for monetization (which would make me a partner channel), but the thing about that is, of course, YT/Google takes a percentage of your earnings, and I have such a long list of grievances against Google for what they're doing to us hard-working smaller YouTubers that I wouldn't them to see one red cent of anything I would be making money off of.

I know there are plenty of alternatives to YT, but honestly, the sad truth is YT is a necessary evil because it still is the best video sharing site out there. Others do commercials like YT does (lcukily, I have multiple adblockers, so I don't have to sit through commercials), but some either still have a limit on time or file size, which YT doesn't. Sites like ZippCast and Upload Society recreate YT's old layout and interface in everyway... including back when YT didn't offer playback higher than 360p. :smirk: