Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It actually happened again tonight . . . with a 240p video.

A 240p video had to crash and rebuffer in 144p.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Anybody remember what Drtooth was saying a while back about videos sometimes freezing for no reason, then resuming in 144p? That actually happened to me tonight and when it did, I was taken to this message:

https://www.google.com/get/videoqualityreport/?v=8zWiWZu0Jls
The irony is I wasn't even watching an "HD" video, it was just a 360p vid, and that's as high as it was.
I've had that happen for a while, and it's incredibly annoying. I always used to think it had to do with my Internet connection. But no matter what causes it though, refreshing the page almost always fixes it.

Also, Autoplay still isn't working right. It's been two days since it was brought up, and videos still won't autoplay in full screen. Just a Chrome thing, or is a script on the website broken?

Schfifty

Reaction score
So I just found out that two of my videos have now been blocked globally—that is, the entire world. Some of my videos are been blocked in some countries, and I've already seen that, but now I have two videos that are blocked everywhere. I've never had this happen before...

Should I just acknowledge the claims and move on? I'm asking just to be safe, because I don't want to get any strikes. I'm very relieved I haven't gotten any.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Mr. Enter recently made an Animated Atrocity video about that Happy Tree Friends video (which may or may not have been officially produced by Mondo Media) that you're forced to watch whenever you get a copyright strike. It's full of errors and vagueness, which Enter is all too eager to call the creators out on.

Also, there's quite a bit of foul language in this for those who don't know about the content of his vids.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Should I just acknowledge the claims and move on? I'm asking just to be safe, because I don't want to get any strikes. I'm very relieved I haven't gotten any.
If they're blocked worldwide, then you might as well just delete them altogether, because worldwide blocks aren't very likely to be eventually removed from the video like more domesticated blocks are (like just certain countries). If nobody can see it (except you, but you have to be logged into your account to see it), and nobody will likely see it again, there's really no point hanging onto it - that block isn't going to be lifted.

Mr. Enter recently made an Animated Atrocity video about that Happy Tree Friends video (which may or may not have been officially produced by Mondo Media) that you're forced to watch whenever you get a copyright strike. It's full of errors and vagueness, which Enter is all too eager to call the creators out on.

Also, there's quite a bit of foul language in this for those who don't know about the content of his vids.

While we're on that subject, lest we forget our very own Big Bad Wolf did a similar video as well:

But you know what's sad? Lately, even Dailymotion is starting to get as bad as YT at removing copyrighted content from their site anymore. I guess the bigger media corporations are starting to figure out that many people are migrating to other sites like DM, Vimeo, veoh, and such, and are probably policing those sites like they do YT now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to give them credit for at least trying to soften the blow about that sort of thing, but really... Happy Tree Friends was a product of the early half of last decade and it hasn't been funny (barely funny then) or relevant since. Adult Swim shows, College "Humor," and the like have successfully run that sort of thing into the ground, and it's never going to amount to anything beyond "juxtaposition of kid friendly thing and 'adult' violence and or sex" that's frankly long lost it's shock and charm.

Had it been Homestar Runner and Strong Bad taking you to corporately enforced copyright reeducation camp, I'm sure things would be a little different. Then again, I'm sure even they'd be the subject of justified hate for being the ones bearing the bad news.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Rickroll is now being featured in a series of commercials for Virgin Mobile . . . really making me wonder if this somehow has something to do with why it's been banned for everyone else?

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Rickroll is now being featured in a series of commercials for Virgin Mobile . . . really making me wonder if this somehow has something to do with why it's been banned for everyone else?
They're serious, right? Why not use the Dancing Baby while they're at it? :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now the crashing and rebuffering at 144p thing is happening more frequently.

Why did you guys do this to me? :stick_out_tongue:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Why does the player suddenly have shakiness on every video I watch? This didn't happen before today.