TV Tropes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I recently stumbled onto the page for The Pete Best, and realized that I've actually seen that happen quite a bit, such as another actor playing Father Mulcahy in M*A*S*H's pilot episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh! Somebody's trying to turn Sarge's Perfectly Cromulent Word "fangasm" into a trope.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding "Late Installment Weirdness", I feel like it's odd to list shows that are still on the air. For example, it mentions how The Nostalgia Critic no longer has a cut-off date regarding what he can review, just as long as it's no longer in theaters. But episodes are still actively being made. It could go on for years, to a point where the change doesn't seem so weird anymore (though I guess you could still call them "later episodes", just as much as the last 5-6 seasons of Cheers, last four seasons of Happy Days, and last 4-6 seasons of M*A*S*H are "later episodes"). With that as the trope title, I would expect something more like some change that happened in the last season, especially the last few episodes (like Cousin Oliver being added to The Brady Bunch), before ending, especially if the show got canceled early.

Luke kun

Reaction score
"I gotta say... if the movie was coming out in August, that's only 7 months away... you'd think it would have been announced by now, or at least some info on it would be known, especially if this person claims to be in possession of a script." Venus Terzo is in the lead role. I'm writing the script on paper and am in acquantiance with Warner Bros right now. I'm not animating.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Admittedly, ever since the site's overhaul, I'm discovered a slue of subpages that I didn't even know existed before. Discontinuity, Pantheon, Horrible (Music)... never saw any of those before. Wallbangers had also become hard to find up till recently too.

Luke kun

Reaction score
If someone on here can stumble upon the Cut List and find those pages I want, or at least ask them where the stuff like it is put, or even ask the Cut Master with a valid opinion like what I'm gonna do right now:
"I will explain my side. I did not mean to do it. It was late at night and I was bored. You're right, I'm wrong. I shouldn't have done it. If I made it at a time like the afternoon, I would have read the rules and put it on the Darth Wiki or in my own namespace. Not in the mainspace, and no wicks. I should also tell you why I did it. I was on the main page for Pokemon Black & White, and I saw "Film" as one of the (sub)pages on the right. I got excited, thinking someone had decided to take my idea (same someone must have stolen the Yankees notebook I wrote the script in), and clicked on it. It took me to the Victini & Reshiram/Zekrom movie, and I got angry. I decided to tell them what MY idea was, and in a tired stupor, I made that page. For the sockpuppeting, I wanted to tell you I lost my password and would talk to you on the edit banned thread, but I was afraid you'd yell mean things at me (you said the movie will never exist! that's discouraging!) so I decided to cover up my identity and ask for the page to moved to Darth Wiki instead...I should have not done that. And for asking other people to speak on my behalf, I thought they'd use powerful words and such. Also, on the night I made the page, I was watching Pokemon Origins, which led me to stay up. In Pokemon Origins, it follows the story of Red and Blue well, which I was aiming for with my B&W movie, but it also had stuff that wasn't in the games, like my B&W film. A film version of B&W would be helpful for a person who is lazy and doesn't have the time to spend days playing a video game, but yet wants to know what B&W's plot was. (^^:wink: I also apologize for the large amount of Ferris-Wheel-Shipping in the film, if that's what made you mad. One part of FWS would be enough, but I think I went too far by having Bianca, Iris, Anthea, Concordia, and even Professor Juniper having a crush on him. I also may have wrote the page as a guide for what goes in the film. Now tell me, what didn't you like? Is it because the film wasn't out, the subplots, or the FWS? And you said I didn't have any sense of logic. That's not true! It was probably because I said it was upcoming, acted like it had come out, and yet it wasn't finished...or the FWS! See, that's a problem. I like that pairing, but apart from PokeShipping, shipping's not canon. The ferris wheel scene makes people think N likes Touko, or the other way around. But they didn't show any of that. Heck, in Pokemon Special, N tries to push White off the ferris wheel! Also, in the ending, N says "I kind of liked you a little". I don't think that's FWS, though. But shipping Bianca and N? Iris and N? (even though they both have Dragon-types) Anthea and N? Concordia and N? Professor Juniper and N?! No! They don't do that! They don't ship any other character who is not Touko with N, except Mei. Mei's a different story. In Chargestone Cave, at the scene where Juniper and Bianca arrive after you win against N, Juniper or Bianca do not have ANY romantic feelings towards N. I don't know what I was thinking. And even having the female character as the main character in the movie! The male one would be better, but the female was just because of FWS. The name "Mellodi" was the name of my Trainer in my first solo Black playthrough. Mellodi was a girl, just like this Mellodi. Yesterday (Jan 30) was the 1st anniversary of this garbage. I think I should riff on this page or something! I don't think this will exist. ORAS is out and people have forgotten about Gen V. The adminsitrivia said that you don't delete pages for nonexistence, but your attitude with it has changed since this. Also, the description for Unpublished Works on the Darth Wiki sounds like what I did that night. My side is the good side, I am sorry. I forgive you. Didn't you said you forgave me? Let's end this war! I do not like any of this and feel bad for what you're going through due to me and my friends's actions. It was an accident. It was late at night. God, what was I thinking? I agree with you. We shouldn't do fake stuff except on the Darth Wiki, or even Just for Fun, but that's for stuff in already existing works. (but why Disney's Anne Frank? Oh, that's a Nostalgia Chick joke. This wasn't based on a joke, just a script.) I'll reform, I'm a good user, I even have some credibility. But stuff like this should be gone."
Wow! See that? I should e-mail this to The Staff right away!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is there a trope for characters hated/disliked/despised by the creator, particularly ones who became a lot more popular than the creators would have liked? Are there enough examples?

I know there's Charles Schultz disliking Pig Pen, Walt Disney hated Goofy and each year would threaten to drop the character (only keeping him because his shorts were so profitable), and I recently read that Doug Walker hates Douchey McNitpick (but as far as I can tell hasn't played the character in a few years). On the other side of the coin, Bill Watterson regretted introducing Uncle Max into the Calvin and Hobbes strip, but lucky for him that character didn't become popular.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is there a trope for characters hated/disliked/despised by the creator, particularly ones who became a lot more popular than the creators would have liked? Are there enough examples?
Well my Sophomore English teacher told us Mark Twain came to resent how much readers loved Tom Sawyer. Apparently he felt Huck Finn was clearly the more admirable character (I agree), and was annoyed that an amoral rascal like Sawyer was so much more popular.

And I think audiences nowadays tend to agree with him. Huck Finn does have the more socially relevant story, especially with how race relations have evolved.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow that falls into Creator Backlash. As evident in the example under the new TMNT series where them mention the show runners hated Dogpound until they turned him into Rahzar.

Pretty shocked former crappy NBC sitcom Whitney doesn't have a YMMV page. Seems like a perfectly good waste of collecting bad reviews and rants against that awful piece of garbage.