New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now if this was an actual 30 minute show on Disney Junior I wouldn't be so supportive in fact I'd be really angry and disappointed. Since this is not a show and simply short clips with Muppets and Kids, something which wouldn't even bother me if it was a recurring sketch on a new Muppet Show then I'm quite happy to support this.
I agree to that. I would not want to see a preschool series, no matter how good they've actually become. This isn't a series, but something in the vein of Muppet Time skits on Nick Jr, only with the actual Muppets instead of weird characters they invented. If Disney were purposely pandering to the younger set, I'm sure they'd wind up bringing back Muppet Babies. Something I'm of two minds about.

I do not see this as cynical or poorly conceived as Studio DC, which was an overall reflection of Disney's direction period back in 2005, where Hanna Montana dominated kid's television to the point where we saw horrible live action programming on CN and a huge rise that continues to this day of horrible tweencoms on Nickelodeon.

That said, if Disney shoved The Muppets into an episode of Dog with a Blog or Indistinguishable Kid's Sticom No. 435/G19, then I'd be inclined to go with the "I've predetermined to hate it" mentality some members have.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i wish so much that brian henson would buy back the muppets , and run things just like his father did.And that kevin and frank would comeback to the muppets and set things right again . disney brought the muppets, and now do not know what to do with them . I don't think The muppets style fits with kids , their
cabaret style of entertainment, Do not fit childrens programing.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
i wish so much that brian henson would buy back the muppets , and run things just like his father did.And that kevin and frank would comeback to the muppets and set things right again . disney brought the muppets, and now do not know what to do with them . I don't think The muppets style fits with kids , their
cabaret style of entertainment, Do not fit childrens programing.
Looks like your account is still getting hacked.

Besides, those are all incredibly stupid things to say and saying things like that is wishing death on the Muppets, since Henson can't do anything right or get anything done. And stop asking for Frank, Kevin, et al. to come back--it's not going to happen and it will not necessarily make things right again! And take back what you said about their style not fitting kids either, as you missed the point of what DrTooth said! :rolleyes:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Are some of you all sure you are Muppet fans? I mean I get the Disney hate to some extent but the way some of you all talk the Muppets can flat out do nothing right anymore. So again I ask are you all sure your Muppet fans?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Looks like your account is still getting hacked.

Besides, those are all incredibly stupid things to say and saying things like that is wishing death on the Muppets, since Henson can't do anything right or get anything done. And stop asking for Frank, Kevin, et al. to come back--it's not going to happen and it will not necessarily make things right again! And take back what you said about their style not fitting kids either, as you missed the point of what DrTooth said! :rolleyes:
okay first of all what i meant by that, is that brian should take over and revamp the muppets how they use to be. second it never hurt to wish for kevin or frank to return . third what i meant by the muppets style of entertainment not fitting the kids , is that their entertainment fits kids a little bit older like the nickeloadeon age group not the nick jr age group .you know the kids that out grew sesame street, and other preschool stuff. and are looking for something fun to watch, and are not quite ready for the teen shows like degrassi ect.. that age group. finally someone i know really did get my password, and wrote that stuff. And i'm still really upset about that , so don't make fun of that . I really did change my password, because of that person. and what i said I did not mean it in a harsh way, so don't go all postal. And what do you mean by brian can't do anything right ? what has he done wrong ?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides, those are all incredibly stupid things to say and saying things like that is wishing death on the Muppets, since Henson can't do anything right or get anything done.
Brian hasn't run Henson for years. There's also that.

The problem with Henson is a glaring one. I like that they're ambitious, don't get me wrong, but why must they constantly look for so many projects when they can't get a single one that isn't a CGI kid's show off the ground? Then there is the matter of not finding a good business partner to help produce and distribute some of their projects. There was the unspeakable one that just wanted Shrek knockoffs from them, then there was Lionsgate, which only released a few old specials and nothing else (not for nothing, though. We're very grateful for that). Seems their best partner is Boom/Archaia, but all they do is comic books. I really can't blame Henson for not finding a willing partner, but they need to sell themselves better to get one.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Brian hasn't run Henson for years. There's also that.

The problem with Henson is a glaring one. I like that they're ambitious, don't get me wrong, but why must they constantly look for so many projects when they can't get a single one that isn't a CGI kid's show off the ground? Then there is the matter of not finding a good business partner to help produce and distribute some of their projects. There was the unspeakable one that just wanted Shrek knockoffs from them, then there was Lionsgate, which only released a few old specials and nothing else (not for nothing, though. We're very grateful for that). Seems their best partner is Boom/Archaia, but all they do is comic books. I really can't blame Henson for not finding a willing partner, but they need to sell themselves better to get one.
right they do , and asap. disney is trying to point the muppets in the right direction, i think that they need some help in doing that.

Last edited:

beaker

Reaction score
It has already been discussed that the music and celebrity copyrights and whatnot are what's keeping the rest of TMS from getting onto DVD. It's not Disney's fault--they know that the entire world wants of rest of the show on DVD, but it's very difficult when whoever the rights-holders are decide to be heartless and stingy by not coughing up the licenses needed in order to release everything in their entirety, which we all know is what Disney wants to do so they won't have to upset the fans further by cutting out specific songs and scenes like they had to do with the Season 1 set.

Even though I do agree that it's frustrating waiting for all that to come to fruition (especially considering the fact that Lylle Brier announced Season 4's release back at the 2009 D23 Expo), it's best to still keep all the other factors in mind.

Heck, we could also hope that these Disney Jr. shorts will make more kids and other younger fans want to go to the store and buy Muppet DVD's, thus increasing the chances of Seasons 4 and 5 (and possibly other old school Muppet material) coming on DVD sooner than later, making them think that it would equal more DVD units sold if the kids watch these shorts and then go out to the stores hoping to find more Muppet content to watch. You never know...
I've long ago lost care/interested in TMS Season 4/5. I think most people who really wanted 4 and 5 just torrented them awhile back. But I find rather lame is that there's such a wealth of stuff Disney DOES have the full copyright to Muppet wise(specials, series, etc) and Im guessing will never see the home market. Again Lionsgate released a ton of Henson/Muppet related dvds in just a couple years, and Disney has simply rereleased the movies. I mean who wouldnt want a $5 Muppets at Walt Disney World dvd? They could seem em at the check out counter at Wal Mart.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a wealth of non-Muppet Disney owned stuff that they're sitting on as well. Even big Marvel based stuff. Disney just doesn't think DVD's of anything that isn't a movie isn't profitable. They did oddly release the last Talespin and a huge second volume of Goof Troop episodes with little fanfare. Even then, they were Disney movie club exclusives that they gave a retail release. I don't think Disney's in the market for releasing many of its old specials to DVD either. I'd rather see them make some deal with Netflix or something and stream some of the Muppet stuff they couldn't release to video.\

As for the merchandising, other than their own retail stores, I'd blame it on the lack of interest on the part of retailers. Glad that Hallmark has a line of stuff and that TRU had those puppets, but it's a shame they didn't step up with other stores. They need to keep releasing stuff like T-shirts and keychains to get the casual fans back in there.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Are we sure that the series will premiere tomorrow? It's not showing up in my guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.