Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You either got a cleverly written and animated song, or something shorter that just counts up, or just something they'd overuse and would fall flat.
Or you'd have a number series where each installment is the same, with the only difference being the number they end at.

capman

Reaction score
So through the generosity of TCW, My family was invited to the Sesame Street set in Feb. for a taping for Season 46. It was magical, thrilling, exciting for my boys ( and me too!) and the fact that Leslie took time out of her break to come over to us with Abby and get a picture ON the steps of 123 SS, was a dream. one day, I will sit in detail and write about my experience if anyone would want to hear.

I can tell you for sure there was be TWO big set changes, one in particular will be a CLASSIC set comeback. Since Oscarfan kind of said it, i will confirm that Hooper's Store with the classic yellow and black checkered front and awning is BACK and looks fantastic!

The other is in Big Bird's home area.

Since I was not allowed pictures or video to "shoot in blatant view", I have no shots of it. But rest assured, it is there. Deb Spinney seemed to be the most excited by it ( she is so nice). Everyone there was cool.

cahuenga

Reaction score
So through the generosity of TCW, My family was invited to the Sesame Street set in Feb. for a taping for Season 46. It was magical, thrilling, exciting for my boys ( and me too!) and the fact that Leslie took time out of her break to come over to us with Abby and get a picture ON the steps of 123 SS, was a dream. one day, I will sit in detail and write about my experience if anyone would want to hear.

I can tell you for sure there was be TWO big set changes, one in particular will be a CLASSIC set comeback. Since Oscarfan kind of said it, i will confirm that Hooper's Store with the classic yellow and black checkered front and awning is BACK and looks fantastic!

Since I was not allowed pictures or video to "shoot in blatant view", I have no shots of it. But rest assured, it is there. Deb Spinney seemed to be the most excited by it ( she is so nice). Everyone there was cool.
And the rest of Hopper´s facade is painted in green again? how about the interior? any changes??.... I wonder how is the change in BB nest area...any clue? besisdes... I would love to see the green staircase again in fron of the garage..it so iconic to the SS set...

Erine81981

Reaction score

That is really cool! Can't wait to see more about this in the months to come.

capman

Reaction score
And the rest of Hopper´s facade is painted in green again? how about the interior? any changes??.... I wonder how is the change in BB nest area...any clue? besisdes... I would love to see the green staircase again in fron of the garage..it so iconic to the SS set...

I really wish I looked more inside as deb was really fawning over the front of Hooper's store look. So basically the answer is I don't remember. :frown:

Big Big's nest is basically a giant nest with stairs leading up to it in the open with no fence. I have to go look at the "Finders Keepers" episode from the past as I thought that was new from season 45 to compare, but it looked huge.

The Episode was saw taped was the fixing Boo-Boo's with Abby and elmo being the "Boo-Boo" Busters. I had to stop my son from laughing during the taping by covering his mouth during the two headed monster segment.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I really wish I looked more inside as deb was really fawning over the front of Hooper's store look. So basically the answer is I don't remember. :frown:

Big Big's nest is basically a giant nest with stairs leading up to it in the open with no fence. I have to go look at the "Finders Keepers" episode from the past as I thought that was new from season 45 to compare, but it looked huge.

The Episode was saw taped was the fixing Boo-Boo's with Abby and elmo being the "Boo-Boo" Busters. I had to stop my son from laughing during the taping by covering his mouth during the two headed monster segment.
I mean ... what is the new change in the Big Bird home area?

capman

Reaction score
I mean ... what is the new change in the Big Bird home area?
Hi,

Forgive me if I am not describing right. Here is what I remember.

the nest had no brick backround/drop of the house ( which they may bring in during shooting), but the nest was huge in the open right next to the house. Hooper's hand drawn picture is hanging on what I am trying to remember was like a big display sign above the nest. The intern let us climb up the stairs and look in the nest, which is hollow and deep.

I am sorry for any disappointment, but I will ask my wife is she remembers anything more specific. I was really to much in amazement to the inner working of the taping.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one thing that can't be expected when the word "change" is thrown around, it's a change to something as wonderfully retro as that.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
If they are having trouble filling in a 1 hour timeslot, I'm kinda shocked. They have a good amount of stuff they could show. Why not put in some "Global Grover"? They have a lot of that, and it was pretty good (from what I remember). There's Elmo the Musical, Elmo's World (if they are gonna air EW again, they should make it a rarity, and show some episodes from the first produced EW season, which is never shown anymore), a lot of Ernie & Bert sketches (they could probably find some from as early as the 80's and still show them), and much more. There is SOME stuff from the 80's and 90's they could show (I think). I'm not sure why they aren't showing it. Maybe show some older clips based on the number/letter of the day (whatever it is that episode). These are just ideas though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Keep in mind everyone, SW kind of wants to keep these changes a secret until the fall, from what I was told. That's why there's very limited picture taking for visitors.

If they are having trouble filling in a 1 hour timeslot, I'm kinda shocked. They have a good amount of stuff they could show. Why not put in some "Global Grover"? They have a lot of that, and it was pretty good (from what I remember). There's Elmo the Musical, Elmo's World (if they are gonna air EW again, they should make it a rarity, and show some episodes from the first produced EW season, which is never shown anymore), a lot of Ernie & Bert sketches (they could probably find some from as early as the 80's and still show them), and much more. There is SOME stuff from the 80's and 90's they could show (I think). I'm not sure why they aren't showing it. Maybe show some older clips based on the number/letter of the day (whatever it is that episode). These are just ideas though.
They're probably not going to air anything not in HD, so those are out of the question.

I made this to track all of the non-spoof, non-celebrity, non-format Muppet bits they have in HD; some of which have aired on the show, a lot that have only aired internationally. I'd love to see them wedge them into the show needed to fill up some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.