Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They can, but only as an insult. They still can't say it in reference to slang terms to body parts.
No, actually, they are, which is why I was asking since when did they start allowing that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So how many Saturday Night Live guest hosts had recurring characters on that show?

I know Steve Martin had one of the Festruck Brothers and Theodore of York, Buck Henry had Uncle Frank and the customer in the Samuri sketches (are those customers supposed to be the same character or are they all different characters who just happen to be played by Buck Henry? Do any Samuri sketches have customers played by other people?), Tom Hanks had Mr. Short-Term Memory, and I think Justin Timberlake has somebody. Am I missing anybody?

Obviously cast members who have hosted do not count.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I read that 20th Century Fox only has the distribution rights to the Star Wars sequels and prequels (but not the first) until 2020, after which the rights will revert back to Lucasfilm (and therefore Disney), which was part of the original deal with those movies (though it's odd that the distribution rights to all of them will end in the same year). This gets me wondering, are there any other films where the original deal meant that the original distribution company would only have the distribution rights for a certain amount of time, and then the rights go to the production company? Are there any other movies from Lucasfilm that the company will eventually get the distribution rights to (I don't expect Lucasfilm to get the rights to Labyrinth, if anything Henson should get the distribution rights)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: after all these years, sweatpants are back to not being socially acceptable again?

(Scoff)

Why?

I mean, if it's okay to wear pajamas in public now, what's the big deal about sweatpants?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I was reading @Xerus 's thread about Russi Taylor last night, and this question came to mind again:

Is her name pronounced "Russ-ie" or "Roos-ie"? I saw a YouTube video of her, Bill Farmer, Tony Anselmo and her husband Wayne at a ceremony, where it's pronounced the latter way. But how is her name officially pronounced?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've always assumed it was "Russ-ie" - and I think I've heard it pronounced as such before - I never even thought about it till you brought it up.

Either way, I always thought it was adorable that she and Wayne Allwine were married in real life, what with them being Mickey and Minnie and all.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, I tend to pronounce her name as "Russ-ie". I think it sounds more cute, which kind of fits the personality of her characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I don't watch Nick@Nite, why is HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER on it? It just ended, it's not even an old show, and it's already on like 3-4 other channels, what sense does this make?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sorry . . . does Will Ferrell really deserve a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Sure he's done a lot of movies, but really, he's only done like one movie that was actually any good, and it's one of those movies that I like but everybody else here hates.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm sorry . . . does Will Ferrell really deserve a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Sure he's done a lot of movies, but really, he's only done like one movie that was actually any good, and it's one of those movies that I like but everybody else here hates.
I don't know what movie you're referring to, but I feel like he's been in plenty of good movies. Elf, Step Brothers, Stranger Than Fiction, The Producers, Anchorman (though I'd call that good-ish), The Campaign... Though there was a period where he did so many movies at once that many were bound to be lackluster.