Questions about anything

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm sorry . . . does Will Ferrell really deserve a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Sure he's done a lot of movies, but really, he's only done like one movie that was actually any good, and it's one of those movies that I like but everybody else here hates.
I don't know what movie you're referring to, but I feel like he's been in plenty of good movies. Elf, Step Brothers, Stranger Than Fiction, The Producers, Anchorman (though I'd call that good-ish), The Campaign... Though there was a period where he did so many movies at once that many were bound to be lackluster.
He did a lovely job in MegaMind, I was really impressed with how much heart he brought to that character.

Most of his movies are pretty pandering, but it wouldn't be the first time such a comic got a place on the Walk of Fame. And he can be funny under the right conditions.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realize so many people here hated it. I thought it was one of those Christmas movies nearly everyone likes. I don't think it's even something that many people hate because of the popularity.

There's this old commercial for Texaco with Jack Benny that has me confused by a few things...

So Jack Benny is calling the gas station attendant Dennis Day, though he claims to be Rodney (according to the description he is Dennis Day playing the role). Is this supposed to be a case of one character breaking the fourth wall by recognizing another actor, who stays in character and doesn't break the fourth wall? Or is he supposed to be a character who looks just like his portrayer?

And finally, at the end, Jack Benny asks if he's not Dennis Day then how does he know he's Jack Benny. So is Dennis Day supposed to be the only person who knows Jack Benny? And his explanation for knowing he's Jack Benny is because of his cheapness as opposed to what he looks like. So is Jack Benny playing himself as a regular person instead of a celebrity in this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most of his movies are pretty pandering, but it wouldn't be the first time such a comic got a place on the Walk of Fame. And he can be funny under the right conditions.
When he was making films non-stop, several after each other, the quality was varied. Especially since most of the films had the same sports concept. I LOVED Talledega Nights but wasn't impressed in the least with Blades of Glory. Ferrel is funny, but he needs a smart, sharp script You can say that about any comedic actor, actually. Now he's making less movies, and that's a good thing. He's only been doing sharper movies. Even instances of kid's films where he's excelling as Megamind and Lord Business. Shoving him in tight pants and dancing around is not going to result with Anchorman.

Plus... come on... Celebrity Jeopardy is freaking excellent.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom used to do that when she was little, because apparently back then they didn't put frosting on poptarts . . . so she claims she's the one who originally invented the idea of putting frosting on poptarts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So are Hokey Wolf and Ding-A-Ling basically wolf versions of Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo?

WalterLinz

Reaction score
What if......Walter was the inspiration for those new yellow skin-toned people emojis on the recent iPhone IOS update?:stick_out_tongue:

They creep me out...