Which Muppets that weren't in Muppets Most Wanted did you want to see in that film?

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Calico, Angel Marie, Walleye Pike, and Spotted Dick had puppeteers in this movie or if they weren't credited as having any? Because Spotted Dick, one of the mentoined characters was shown finishing out Together Again just before the fireworks explode.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Okay, i know iv'e been asking repeatedly, but where in the movie does Walleye Pike appear? This question has been driving me crazy.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Or we could just be THANKFUL for the amount of Muppets that they brought back in both the previous film and MMW instead of whining about how "Background Character #3" in Muppet Treasure Island didn't make a cameo. I honestly think the directors could care less. And even if they did care, it'd cost a fortune to rebuild maybe half those characters.
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I really have to agree with this. We got an Unbelievable turn out of old characters in The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted and I am very grateful.

They rebuild Thog! That itself is amazing, and had to be very costly. In addition to that we had Nigel, Mildred, The Mutations, Beautiful Day Monster, Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphones, Wayne, Wanda, Behemoth, and Uncle Deadly in a major role!

I never expected to see these characters, let alone did I expect to see Scooter, Rowlf, Link, or the Electric Mayhem come back into prominence after their background roles in the 90s.

I definitely think its ok to have our own little wish list of people we'd love to see, but I think it's a little greedy to think that a lot of these minor characters "need" to be in there and be disappointed after they gave us so many characters already. I'm sorry if that seemed aggressive, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Does anyone suppose the reason for Monty, Clueless Morgan, and Polly not being in this movie was because the rest of their Muppet Treasure Island cast mates got more poll votes than they did before the movie came out in theaters?

Drtooth

Reaction score
... I have no response to that. I mean, I completely and utterly doubt there was ever a poll, but I can't think of a way to not make a passive aggressive, sarcastic response and I don't want to come off as mean.

I definitely think its ok to have our own little wish list of people we'd love to see, but I think it's a little greedy to think that a lot of these minor characters "need" to be in there and be disappointed after they gave us so many characters already. I'm sorry if that seemed aggressive, I just wanted to share my thoughts.
My sentiments exactly. The last two movies were filled with as many Muppets as possible, and unlike MFS that started out strong with almost every Muppet you could think in the beginning, then they oddly disappear after breakfast, never to be seen again. Yeah, that's my go to reference, but it still bothers me. Where the heck do they all go? That's pretty hard to ignore.

I'm just going to, for sanity's sake, headcanon that they all have jobs at the local mall to pay rent. Yeah... Link's working at The Gap and Sweetums is handing out samples at Panda Express. Yeah.

Reaction score
First time posting in a while. Actually I'm locked out of my account from the early 00's. But while I have no real problem with the characters shown in the last two movies (I finally got around to seeing most wanted only recently), I am sad to see Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe not having as big of a part in the last 2 films as they did in the 90's films. I grew up in the 90's so MTI, Christmas Carol, and Muppets from space were the movies I saw first along with A Very Merry Muppet Christmas. I of course saw and love the earlier films and love the Muppet Show but I saw those later. So it's a bit weird to not have Gonzo play as big a part and barely have Pepe or Rizzo but at the same time I understand it.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Johnny and sal, dr strangepork (speaking) bossmen, clueless Morgan and polly lobster nigel (muppets tonight) nigel (muppets show speaking) baskerville snookie biler Howard tubman (speaking) and Carter (speaking )

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Does anyone suppose the reason for Monty, Clueless Morgan, and Polly not being in this movie was because the rest of their Muppet Treasure Island cast mates got more poll votes than they did before the movie came out in theaters?
Morgan's puppet was gone/stolen. Kevin isn't with the Muppets anymore so Polly's out, and Jerry had recently passed away. I don't think a poll had anything to do with it.

Now, if I was directing, I would have gotten Tim Curry to reprise his role as Long John, David Bowie in Jareth's wig, a look alike for Doc Hopper, the River Bottom Nightmare Band, and a look alike for Cosmo Scam to just make cameos.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I don't see long John silver in mmw because mti was set in 1700s so no