Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently Chip Esten from Whose Line is on that show NASHVILLE, and he's going by his real name, Charles, now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And this is something I actually feel genuinely stupid for not knowing, because I should have known this for years.

So I've always had problems with writing my scripts, mainly because they always tend to be many pages longer than they should, even though many times I have to contain them within a certain time limit (luckily, one page equaling one minute of screentime isn't always necessarily true). . . . but recently, I've learned that you're not supposed to write camera directions, angles, edits, etc. in the actual script, and that's something I always do.

I'm a moron.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Windows 9 isn't even out yet, but already Microsoft is working on Windows 10.

But that's besides the point: apparently, Microsoft is doing away with Internet Explorer altogether and creating an entirely new browser.

I just hope their new browser works the way IE does, and doesn't distort or funkify site layouts and displays like other browers do (Firefox being the worst offender of that).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have I killed this thread or something?

Anyway, watching WatchMojo's to 10 reasons why Justin Bieber is hated, I actually learned that -- the Great Wall of China really isn't visible from space. I feel so disheartened. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really have killed this thread, haven't I? I mean, seriously, the last two pages of this thread are almost all posts by me.

Anyway, apparently one of the co-creators of HOGAN'S HEROES produced THE GODFATHER. Wow, you talk about two very different forms of entertainment.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Today I learned that companies who mass-produce honey often filter out all the pollen so that it cannot be traced back to its source. This then removes all (or most) health benefits from the honey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today I learned that companies who mass-produce honey often filter out all the pollen so that it cannot be traced back to its source.
"So that it cannot be traced back to its source"? What, so pollen is something that can be analyzed by forensics?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
"So that it cannot be traced back to its source"? What, so pollen is something that can be analyzed by forensics?
Yeah, it's so you can't like discover that the pollen was taken from next to a coal mine and stuff like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Colin Mochrie has a book out.

No, really. It's a collection of stories that he's re-written in WL style, in which he takes the first line and last line of literary classics and rewrites the rest of the story in his own comedic way.

The physical book itself is apparently only available in Canada, you apparently have to have a Kindle or something like that to read it in the U.S.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jody Gray - who did the music for COURAGE THE COWARLDY DOG - did the music for AFFS.