Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

clipjj27

Reaction score
I watched this (or some of it). At the 37:53 mark, the live-action clip demonstrating 'Danger' (where a man reading a newspaper walks down the street) begins. That's a clip I've been looking forward to seeing again after a while (though, I must admit, the ending I still find somewhat scary!)

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey sesamestreetmuppetfan,The Country Song:I am Here and I am There is on there too and There's a dutch version on youtube as well.So hopefully someone puts the english audio on youtube as well someday.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey sesamestreetmuppetfan,The Country Song:I am Here and I am There is on there too and There's a dutch version on youtube as well.So hopefully someone puts the english audio on youtube as well someday.
Yeah, someone should take the Dutch video, dub the English audio over it, and upload it to YouTube for sure!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's one that I don't think many of us have seen. I'm pretty sure that Muppet Wiki at least didn't previously have a picture.

At first I thought it was going to be a King Midas parody but with Cookie Monster turning things into cookies (which I think was a street scene).

Wow, it seems like the majority of these really rare clips that Sesame Workshop (and by that I mean ones that hadn't had images on Muppet Wiki) has been uploading have been ones with Cookie Monster.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I'm seeing the complete English version- for the last 13 years, I've had to put up with the German dubbed version of the skit! I guess the scenes with Maria would explain the lavender borders during the king sequences; I never would have thought that Cookie Monster was using his imagination! :insatiable:

Wow, it seems like the majority of these really rare clips that Sesame Workshop (and by that I mean ones that hadn't had images on Muppet Wiki) has been uploading have been ones with Cookie Monster.
Very intelligent point! Now that you mention it, who knows? If that keeps up, they might just upload the rare "Cookie" song! Obviously we don't know for sure if it really will happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's one that I don't think many of us have seen. I'm pretty sure that Muppet Wiki at least didn't previously have a picture.

At first I thought it was going to be a King Midas parody but with Cookie Monster turning things into cookies (which I think was a street scene).

Good observation. In the last few months, we've got "4 Galletas" (featuring Sonia Manzano as an AM girl), "Happiness is Looking Up" with Ernie, and now "King Cookie."

I'm guessing this is from 1979 or so, based on Maria's haircut and shirt. And even after 35 years, she still looks great! I also think that this also may have been one of the last skits done with the core four puppeteers, as they couldn't always commit to SS with the success of the Muppet Show. I can't think of any other late 1970s or 1980s SS skits with Jim, Frank, Richard, and Jerry.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't think Muppet Wiki's "Cookie Monster Sketches: Miscellanous" page had info on "King Cookie" before today - this morning I looked and didn't see it there (primarily looking at sketches with EKAs up to the early 1990s, and then at the bottom where sketches listed didn't have EKAs). But this evening I saw it there and then looked at the EKA and saw that info and an image had been there for awhile (I guess the image came from a copy of the German version).

So I guess it's not as rare as I had thought, since it had been seen in Germany, but then again, it's a segment that I don't think had surfaced in English for years. Come to think of it, while Sesame Workshop has put a lot of really rare clips most of us hadn't heard of online, it's not often Sesame Workshop puts up a clip that had only been available to fans as a foreign dub. There's a lot of clips only available online/to collectors in non-English.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Part of me feels sorry for David, but another part of me is glad they did acknowledge that he did use to be Maria's squeeze and that he is apparently fine with her and Luis being in love. Nice precursor to his line from their wedding.

"Isn't it funny? I've seen her each day of my life. And now here she is, becoming Luis's new wife. I'm not used to thinking of her as anyone's wife. Isn't it funny?"