We Need Another Movie

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Apparently this was for some sort of photo shoot.You can find a few more images on the uploader's Instagram page.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't mean an exact copy or homage to MTM. I mean something in the same grounded in reality, emotional subtext. Something where they do indeed make jokes, do funny stuff, have fantastic characters doing slightly mundane things the right way this time, MFS! TM and MMW really homaged the style of TMM and GMC, keeping that cartoony style. But I'd love to see a subtle character piece like MTM was for Kermit. Not using the same plot or setting of course, but something that goes for the less cartoony, less self awareness that MTM had. I mean, every other Muppet Movie basically says at one point of another "this is a movie," but MTM has this refreshingly subdued feel through the whole thing. It stands out and is a special movie all its own. Not that any of the others weren't fun for being wackier and cartoonier, but I think that would be a nice way to continue the series. One toned down (but not outright unMuppety) film after a couple cartoony ones.
Well, what they could do in the MTM tradition is to go around and pitch an idea for a movie or a television show (instead of a Broadway show) and have it based in Hollywood. That's basically what MTM was. It's such a loose concept and I think that's important. Too much plot is a bad thing. And trolling around Hollywood presents a lot of opportunity for cameos and dance numbers. Maybe the show they could be trying to put on could be centered around the Electric Mayhem and a concert. That's been mentioned on the forums before. Anyway. that sort of simple idea, if written well, is all the Muppets really need. Ultimately, all it has to be is funny. Everything else is window dressing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That idea's nice and all, but I wonder if there's a way to take the one good cue from MFS's concept and do something that's more of a character piece without some aspect of show business in the plotline. The only films that don't have that as a backdrop are GMC, MCC, MTI, and MFS. Even MWOOZ was about showbiz dreams. I'd love to see some sort of grand adventure where they don't propose a musical, have to throw a benefit show, go on a road trip to fulfill their destiny as big time stars. After the last two movies being based on comeback shows/tours, I think the time is right for a different Muppet plot line. There's got to be an angle in there somewhere that would work beautifully.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That idea's nice and all, but I wonder if there's a way to take the one good cue from MFS's concept and do something that's more of a character piece without some aspect of show business in the plotline. The only films that don't have that as a backdrop are GMC, MCC, MTI, and MFS. Even MWOOZ was about showbiz dreams. I'd love to see some sort of grand adventure where they don't propose a musical, have to throw a benefit show, go on a road trip to fulfill their destiny as big time stars. After the last two movies being based on comeback shows/tours, I think the time is right for a different Muppet plot line. There's got to be an angle in there somewhere that would work beautifully.
My dream Muppet project would be a sitcom along those lines. It could be set in Los Angeles and loosely about them trying to film a movie or do a TV show, but mostly about their day-to-day lives. I think it could work, with good writing of course. I've always seeing the Muppets interact with "real people", and I think a lot of comedy could come from that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are we sure that pic is recent and wasn't taken a few years ago? I just want to make sure before we start getting excited about any possibilities that Kevin is somehow officially working with the Muppets again.

That said, I'm sorry, but Bill and Kevin don't really look like Frank Sinatra or Sammy Davis, Jr. I'm sure they can sound like them, though.

cahuenga

Reaction score
who uploaded the picture two dais ago said it was from yesterday, so the picture it was taken last Sunday...