You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah? I saw ground on THE JETSONS once. Actual earthen ground. It looked like if the entire human race had left the planet to get away from Willy Wimple: just a baron wasteland with gigantic metal beams extending up into the sky, while a bum just walks around sifting through the junk he was essentially wading through.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I mean, wouldn't you rather just make the one-time purchase of the DVDs to watch whenever you wanted to on a nice TV screen, without having to register a membership and rent them to watch them on a computer monitor? Of course then again, I know some people who actually do have the DVDs, but are still stoked about the show being on Netflix, because apparently, they see this as a better alternative than watching DVDs because it's less of a hassle. Now, come on . . . doesn't that just sound like the epitomy of a first world problem? Having to open the case, pop a disc into a DVD player, navigate through DVD menus, then when you want to watch something else, eject the current disc, get another one, etc. etc. etc. Wow, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. :stick_out_tongue:
Sorry to pull back an earlier comment, but I was reading through this thread and wanted to throw my two-cents in.

First of all, I agree with you on preferring DVDs to Netflix, If I happen to have the DVDs, I'll watch those. However, you're not necessarily limited to a computer screen. If you have an X-Box 360 or a PS3/4, you can link Netflix to your TV. My TV is a smart-TV, so I'm able to connect Netflix right to my TV.

Another thing I've noticed is that on a few DVD Sets (I'm thinking specifically of The Office Season 2), there is no Play All Button, which is very annoying. I'll admit it's being lazy, but sometimes I'd rather just hit play on Netflix then get up every time.

That being said, I did have a good laugh when everyone was freaking out about Scrubs being taken off of Netflix, since I own them all on DVD. That's where DVDs really come in handy, shows can be taken off Netflix anytime, but I own my DVDs forever.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is that on a few DVD Sets (I'm thinking specifically of The Office Season 2), there is no Play All Button, which is very annoying. I'll admit it's being lazy, but sometimes I'd rather just hit play on Netflix then get up every time.
I don't see the lack of a "Play All" button annoying. When watching DVDs of TV shows or shorts I usually watch whichever ones I feel like, as opposed to watching everything in order. It sort of makes me wonder if it's such a big deal for DVDs of TV shows to have the episodes in order, since I'll watch the ones I really want to watch (and when I get the boxed set the first episodes I usually watch are ones I haven't seen that I most want to see, though I'll probably watch some episodes that I have seen before watching all the ones I haven't. Another thing that's common is for me to watch episodes I like that I haven't seen in a long time first).

When it comes to watching shows on Netflix, I usually don't watch them all in order, but there have been some that I did (Regular Show, Play With Me Sesame), but there are quite a few shows on Netflix that I've only watched a few episodes of (particularly favorite episodes, episodes I haven't seen that I've really wanted to see for years, holiday episodes at the appropriate time of the year, and certain episodes I might have on my mind or have recently heard something about that I hadn't noticed). On the other hand, I have watched every episode of The Wonder Years on Netflix, but not in order (I'm tempted to buy the DVD sets, even though I can watch it for free online, because you never know when that will be taken off Netflix).

Drtooth

Reaction score
That being said, I did have a good laugh when everyone was freaking out about Scrubs being taken off of Netflix, since I own them all on DVD. That's where DVDs really come in handy, shows can be taken off Netflix anytime, but I own my DVDs forever.
Is my only problem with streaming. The backdoor deals. At any moment your favorite show can be pulled if some other company makes a better offer or someone doesn't think someone is offering them enough. Or deals expire and no one wants to renegotiate. With the DVD's, you at least have the chance to buy them all up before they go out of print. And with DVD's, if you order online there's a nice period when it goes just about out of print and they're cheap before the scalpers take over and jack the prices way up. With Netflix, if you even get a warning that means you have to watch everything up in a month's notice. Happened to me with Transformers Prime. 2 seasons and a movie in less than a month. All furiously fast and I skipped the two clip shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the deal with Instagram? I mean, you can't even use it unless you do it all from your phone, and the images that are on Instagram look like crap anyway, because phones don't take very good pictures (and also non-cellphone pics appear to be compressed all to heck as well). Anybody remember Photobucket still exists? Granted, they have malware problems occasionally, but just about every image-hosting site does.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there's this new gay cable series coming out called - are you ready for this - CUCUMBER AND BANANA.

Talk about a title that makes you giggle when you hear it. At least they went with something subtle, when they could have gone with something like DICK AND JOHNSON or ROD AND REEL. :stick_out_tongue:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
So there's this new gay cable series coming out called - are you ready for this - CUCUMBER AND BANANA.

Talk about a title that makes you giggle when you hear it. At least they went with something subtle, when they could have gone with something like DICK AND JOHNSON or ROD AND REEL. :stick_out_tongue:
Is it a series about a gay couple who actually are an anthropomorphic banana and cucumber? :fishy::wink: