Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4522 - Jack B. Nimble Can’t Sit Down

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4522 - Jack B. Nimble Can’t Sit
Wednesday April 1, 2015

Elmo and Jack B. Nimble are going to the movies for the first time. The usher explains that jumping isn't allowed in the movie theater but Jack can't stop jumping. Jack doesn't want to leave so he has to come up with strategy that will help him control himself.

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: J & 5
Word on the Street: Nimble – When your movements are quick and light.

If you've seen "Jack B. Nimble Can’t Sit" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
I just got done watching #4522, and I didn't get to see the Street Story! Here is what happened after the Street Story.

Here is the Full Episode Description:

-Street Story: Jack B. Nimble Can't Sit Down
-Zach Galifianakis and Murray explain "Nimble"
-Murray Has a Little Lamb: Gymnastics School
-Super Grover 2.0: Balancing Act (First: School for Chickens)
-The Letter of the Day Dance: J
-Sesame Street English Letter Song Series: Elmo sings J is for Jacket
-A Robot tells J Words
-Back to Gymnasics School
-Abby's Flying Fairy School: Playground Troll
-:batty:'s Number of the Day Dance: 5
-5 Dogs Receive 5 Dog Bones
-Game of Chairs (Grover competes to be The King of Chairs)
-Murray Finishes up at Gymnastics School
-Elmo the Musical: Circus (First: Don't Wake the Baby)

Sounds like an Episode worth watching?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked the Game of Chairs sketch. Sketches with Grover are always the best.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Game of Chairs was great! I love it when the spoofs work in the regular characters instead of just only AMs.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. It may have been a bit boring with just the AMs, but Grover really spiced things up there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Game of Chairs was great! I love it when the spoofs work in the regular characters instead of just only AMs.
Can't help that they kept referencing things to the show that someone who doesn't watch the show, like me, missed out on. Sketch was still funny, though.

Anyway...

Doo doo doodoodoodoo doo doo Wander Over Sesame Street...

Jack McBrayer really sold this episode and saved it from yet another hyperactive nursery rhyme character is annoying for 10 minutes story. Like that he even had a musical number as well. Th shallow Parody of 21 Jump Street sounded funny enough from what you could pick out. I got to admit, this is one of the episodes where hyperactive annoying nursery rhyme characters are done right. And I'm ecstatic that they managed to fit a self regulation Aesop about not screwing around in the movie theater. A lesson kids should be forced to learn. Too bad they didn't bother also saying "no talking" because kids are complete freaking jabberjaws during films. But I really liked the fact that the usher pulled Jack be Nimble aside and threatened to have him leave the movie theater. The subtle message of "if you don't behave properly, you will be thrown out."

Seriously... that time I saw Bolt... shudder... and kids were all talking all over Turbo, and partially through Home... Sesame Street needs to teach them if the parents refuse to. Glob, I gotta stop going to animated movies.

And...uh... Zach Galifinakas skit. YAY! That was pretty good. Especially since I saw one of the Bob's Burgers where he plays Felix Fischoder a day before that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. I liked Jack McBrayer as the usher. Mostly cause, I got into watching the Jack and Triumph Show. This is probably the last the last time we'll see Fran's old lady character. The WOTD bit was funny. I didn't expect them to use a piranha. The Game of Thrones parody was awesome. I like Tyler's performance as the leader of the game. Grover wining the game was funny.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Can't help that they kept referencing things to the show that someone who doesn't watch the show, like me, missed out on. Sketch was still funny, though.
Yeah, most of the one-liners were references I didn't get (don't watch it either), but yeah, it was still a good sketch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You gotta admit. If those were indeed references, at least Sesame Street didn't just plunk down an in name only shallow parody this time.

I remember being very disappointed in Breakfast Club having nothing to do with anything in the film. What was the point then?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Did anyone pay attention to the movie posters in the theater? I only caught two of them, but they were clearly spoofs of Godzilla and Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.