New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ABC and the Muppets have a long history with each other and a lot of it did not end to well, mostly due to ABC. Lets hope this time it works out better for the both of them!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Alright, The Muppet Mindset CLAIMS that the pictures of the Electric Mayhem as well as the Swinetrek were for something else...still excited for this!
I can't find them anywhere. Can someone please post them here or something?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I've let this news roll over and over in my head for the past few hours and I have no idea what to think.

Between this announcement of a Muppet pilot, upcoming YouTube videos and Ryan Dosier's recruitment into the Muppet ranks, I have not felt this hopeful, elated and excited in a very long time.

I'm just scared of the pilot not going anywhere- what if it fails? And even if it does turn into a series, will any Aussie television networks pick it up? I certainly hope everything goes to plan....

So, Piggy is not happy with her relationship with Kermit? No surprises there. As for Fozzie having a girlfriend, I could not be more happy about that prospect! Give me a new female Muppet any day of the week! I hope she is the complete opposite of Piggy! And if she happens to be human, at least make it a comedian and not an annoying random starlet who has nothing in common with our favourite bear!

Drtooth

Reaction score
2014 was all bad timing that had to do with a lack of desire from auds and little to do with content. It wasn't just one slot, it was pretty much the whole year with a few blockbuster exceptions. Some years are just bad for films. 2014 was one of them. But it seems like a trend. If it's not a superhero franchise or a young adult novel it's gonna have a tough time.
Not all YA novels. Just frustratingly that one. Vampire Academy opened a pathetic 7 mil. And thank goodness for that. We don't need any more tweenage fangirls ruining vampires for everyone. That's so over.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Since it's ABC: they could do it at 10 p.m. EST on Tuesday Night after Marvel's Agents of Shield or they could cancel Resurrection and put Muppets into the Sunday Night timeslot at 9:00 p.m. EST after Once Upon A Time.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
NBC is running from comedy, and especially Muppet-style comedy as far as they can. It's not in their best interests at the moment.

It will go to a Disney-owned network/channel for sure. If it goes to streaming, then Netflix will probably be the first Disney will go to.

As for people clamoring about variety shows, NPH is attempting an NBC primetime variety show in the fall. My guess is that Disney will decide whether the show is more variety or sitcom (the logline does have them trying to make a new variety show) whether or not that fails. If it succeeds, that will definitely change the direction of this show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since it's ABC: they could do it at 10 p.m. EST on Tuesday Night after Marvel's Agents of Shield or they could cancel Resurrection and put Muppets into the Sunday Night timeslot at 9:00 p.m. EST after Once Upon A Time.
Something tells me Disney would want this to be on at hours when children are awake, and I can't say for all kids but when I was a kid, my bedtime was 9PM (when I entered middle school it was 10).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Something tells me Disney would want this to be on at hours when children are awake, and I can't say for all kids but when I was a kid, my bedtime was 9PM (when I entered middle school it was 10).
This is on prime time, not really for kids, personally I would love a TV-14 muppet show airing at 10pm, but most likely it will be a TV-PG show airing at 8:00pm-9:00pm, so all audiences can watch the show.