New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Iscah

Reaction score
I'm also not sure where you got "rebuilding the set" from. They just showed the old opening footage.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I would love to see the muppets in the Muppet show set again, I loved the muppets tonight set too, but I doubt they rebuit again for any new production..

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Interesting that ABC News is reporting on it, which makes this project sound more likely.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Again, this is where I think we have some of the problems with have with the Muppets right now is that Disney isn't utilizing actual Muppet writers or other Muppet people for these new projects, and instead, are turning to writers, producers, and directors from other popular shows that differ significantly from the Muppets. Are there some kind of contractual issues that are prohibiting people like Jim Lewis or Kirk Thatcher from getting involved with these projects, or is Disney in the mindset that in order to get the Muppets to appeal to today's viewers they need to get writers from today's shows?
When a company buys a franchise, they often prefer to bring in their own people, mainly just to justify their purchase and make it seem like they're putting their own stamp on things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
First, will the variety-thing work at all? This isn't 1980, or even 1996 for that matter.
People were asking if a Vaudeville format would work in 1976. It's not the format you choose, it's how well you pull it off.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Man, when I saw that post, I got pumped, and when I read the actual headline...let's just say I was a little disappointed...

WalterLinz

Reaction score
O my goodness, I am so so sorry guys that I didn't read it good. I am from Europe so my English is not very good:embarrassed:
Oh no that's okay!! I still got pretty excited after I watched the video.:smile: