New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I think that this is just a rumor , because I went to YouTube to see a video announcing this. and went back to it again and showed something else .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, because one YouTube video being pulled for a number of different reasons (normally copyright) automatically confirms something that a number of different reputable sources have been revealing to be nothing more than just a rumor.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Yeah, because one YouTube video being pulled for a number of different reasons (normally copyright) automatically confirms something that a number of different reputable sources have been revealing to be nothing more than just a rumor.
Yep. Shut down the thread. Shows over folks. Nothing to see here. ABC was playing a late April Fools Day joke...

beaker

Reaction score
I could see this show working on Tuesday or Wednesday nights on ABC, the same slots that benefit its single-camera comedies, though it could also fit nicely in its Sunday night slot. And if they refuse to pick it up, there's always Netflix, the same service that has worked well for Dreamworks.

And, no, I do not want to see this thing on the Disney Channel. Us Muppet fans would rather not have it lumped in with all those cookie-cutter tweencoms.
Bingo. It HAS to be Tuesday or Wednesday. For ABC that's the real sweet spot, and I think midweek is the new TGIF(ABCs late 80s/early 90s flagship night of comedies) If they put this on Wednesday, you know they have a lot of confidence in it. The pilot seems like it will be in the "single camera" tradition of The Office, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, etc. But not sure how theyd film it once it goes to a Variety show format. AS LONG as the show doesnt have any of the vibe of that truly terrible Lady Gaga special we'll be good.

beaker

Reaction score
So lets just say the middle is cancelled or moved, they are not going to put the muppets at 8pm, it can not be a lead in, its a new show, there is a small chance it could fail in the ratings, a smart choice would be this.

8:00pm The Goldbergs
8:30pm Muppets 2015
9:00pm Modern Family
9:30pm Black Ish

For the pilot, Muppets 2015 should air here, just to have a really strong lead in, then move to 8:30 and so black ish has a spot.
Muppets 2015 anywhere on the flagship ABC Wednesday spot would be GOLD!
That plus Modern Family and Goldbergs are my favorite comedies on tv, so definitely would be the trifecta.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
People are really exicted about this, on TV By the Numbers, half of the comments are about it, pretty neat.

Iscah

Reaction score
I'd like to see lew, link, strangepork and Marvin suggs in bigger roles and push Walter into a supporting role
This brings up another question for everyone: which characters would work the best in this new Muppet Show reboot? Who would have bigger roles, and who would be seen less often?
The thing with Walter is - he's Peter Linz's only character at the moment. The new series will be a chance for a few things - Walter settling in to a role in the troupe; introducing new characters (whether recurring or one-shot); bringing back old characters that need new puppeteers....

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I will believe this when I see it. they did the same thing, when they announced that the Muppets were going to have a show where they were going to be someone's next door neighbors . and that it was going to air on nbc , and that never happened.