New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
When Jerry was ill sure his muppet characters weren't used much but matt had them like that

beaker

Reaction score
For people saying this is doomed because of the 2002 Fox pilot and 2006 mockumentary pilot that never saw the light of day...

This is a wayyyy different time period in 2015.

Prady's Big Bang Theory has gone super nova critical mass, the 2011 Muppet film proved to be a pretty big runaway success, and the time is absolutely right for something like this.

beaker

Reaction score
Muppets Tonight/Henson Hour
What worked:
  • Sketch comedy format
  • Mostly strong direction
  • Behind the scenes antics
  • Inclusion of Kermit as the frog in charge
  • Musical numbers
  • New Muppets

Muppets Tonight/Henson Hour
What didn't work:
  • Humor was often hit-or-miss (particularly from some of the newer MT writers)
  • Inconsistent chemistry among the Muppet cast
  • Clifford took over Kermit's job in MT. That's a non-starter
  • New Muppets took too much time from classic Muppets. Clifford is a beautiful puppet with a wonderful performer, but he's a dull character.
  • The lack of Electric Mayhem. They ARE the Muppet house band - always
  • Trying to replace Bunsen and Beaker (with Tales from the Vet and Digit)
  • Bad time slots!
What I LOVVVE about JHC/MT: crazy wild colorful new characters

And yes, hopefully there will be NEW amazing female muppet characters...of which we've had 60 years of very little standout new female cast

Drtooth

Reaction score
For people saying this is doomed because of the 2002 Fox pilot and 2006 mockumentary pilot that never saw the light of day...
Yeah, but having read the outline for that Fox pilot, we can basically say it was a good thing that never got off the ground. The Mockumentary could have gone either way, but America's Next Top Muppet would have been horrible. I'm sure that if this pilot does get picked up this time, Disney will know they've got it right. The last thing we needed was the Muppets to be attached to a parody reality show.

What I LOVVVE about JHC/MT: crazy wild colorful new characters

And yes, hopefully there will be NEW amazing female muppet characters...of which we've had 60 years of very little standout new female cast
I'd love to see some new characters, provided they don't take over places left by classic mainstays. MT at least had that reason due to the lack of classic characters being recast. Now everyone has been recast and we've lost most of the MT era characters. And yes, I want Walter and Constantine to be recurring characters as well.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I still don't know about this , but I will keep my eyes open . so far I think that this is just a rumor . I really think that they should go the sesame street route and add humans to the cast , instead of adding new Muppets that would be neat if they do that and do skits like they in Muppets tonight . and I also think that they should pick their guest stars carefully because some of today's stars don't really fit well with variety shows .