Glove Monster Puppet for sale on ebay

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Last few hours on the auction...still anyone's puppet. Good luck!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Ive studied the market for about 5 years solidly...and it just seems like either demand is down ...or people are poorer... but puppets never seem to go for what they did in years past... I am not a builder...but an avid buyer and lover of all things puppet...and though i like a good deal once and a while...i want puppet builders to get what they deserve for all the time spent on their art...

Hopefully things will upswing soon!

cc

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
^^Yes, I hear ya! I am new to selling my puppets but not new to making puppets so I will need to put my time in if I hope to build a name for myself.
The puppet will be going to Greece :smile:

crazy chris

Reaction score
GREECE! WOW! The internet has made the world so small! haha

cc

ashkent

Reaction score
GREECE! WOW! The internet has made the world so small! haha

cc
Lol, i know what you mean. The first three puppets i sold on ebay about four years ago went to Sweden, Germany and the US. It's always funny when you have people in foreign countries willing to pay for postage on puppets when there are some very good puppet makers in their country - Germany and the US anyway. I can't say i have done much research on Swedish puppet makers.

Glad this puppet found a home second time around.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I can't even begin to tell you all the headache that this freakin' puppet has caused! So I've just logged in to my ebay account and discovered that this buyer opened a cased against me. All of the ebay emails went to my spam folder and I never even knew! The case is closed three days ago and she has her money back and my paypal balance is in the red!! She even states that I shipped it on her ebay dispute write up! Ebay sided with her even though she said it was shipped! ??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Track it yourself on Canadapost.ca but you will see that once it left Canada, that's it for tracking.

CC212558653CA

Shipped with insurance too! I checked off the box to have it returned to me if it can't be delivered.

This is unbelievable!

**GASP**

I can't believe this......I'm so dissapointed.

ashkent

Reaction score
Get back in touch with them to see if there is anything you can do. Especially if you have the tracking number as proof. That is one of the failings of eBay for me as they always side with the buyer in 99% of cases. I once sent a limited edition art portfolio completely wrapped and secured in thick cardboard and in a rigid box. They paid 250 for it but when they got it they raised a case saying it was bent and damaged due to insufficient packing. I didn't have to give them their money back but eBay closed the case in their favour and they paid them the money back. So for receiving a perfect item they ended up with the item and their 250 back. It just doesn't seem right somehow.

Like I say if you have the tracking number as proof definitely get back in touch because all you need to do is prove you sent it.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I phoned paypal who then transferred me to ebay, ( as they are now linked). I explained it to ebay and said that the tracking number is there in my ebay account and tht I could email them photos of the shipping receipt. They simply returned my money to me......it was extremely smooth and easy. So the the buyer has been issued a refund as well as the seller, (me). I do not believe that the buyer is trying to pull a scam....they were simply at the end of their 40 day buyer protection and had to claim. All in all, it's worked out.

ashkent

Reaction score
I phoned paypal who then transferred me to ebay, ( as they are now linked). I explained it to ebay and said that the tracking number is there in my ebay account and tht I could email them photos of the shipping receipt. They simply returned my money to me......it was extremely smooth and easy. So the the buyer has been issued a refund as well as the seller, (me). I do not believe that the buyer is trying to pull a scam....they were simply at the end of their 40 day buyer protection and had to claim. All in all, it's worked out.
Glad to hear they sorted it. :smile:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Now it's between me and Canada post. I insured the puppet for $200 so if they've lost it, I believe I will get the insurance payout. I have no experience with claiming insurance with the postal system but I have created a 'ticket' and will certainly be on the phone with them. Has anyone ever made an insurance claim of lost mail before? How did it go?