Happy Birthday Fragglemuppet!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
*cries out* I'm here! I had a great day on Sunday! Hmmm, let's see. We had a mini Irish breakfast and then went to see Cindarella so I basically had junkfood for lunch, lol. Then we came home, exchanged Easter baskets, (yes, even as adults we still do it), then had a nice chicken dinner and a Dary Queen cake. For presents I got a Ravenclaw robe, some Despicable Me magnets for my closet door, and a shelf and radio for my bathroom. Oh, and Into the Woods on DVD. All in all a good day. Oh, and we went to Universal last week hense the HP and Despicable Me stuff. We have a free day we never used, so we're going back this weekend. It's good to be back here, and thanks everyone!
:smile:
:batty:
:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, didn't know you'd been sorted into the Bronze Eagles home, what with their midnight blue cloaks and all. I'm partial to not belonging to any one house but to the school/fandom as a whole. BTW: Are there any rumors now about anything celebrating September 1 2017, the date that the epilogue from Deathly Hallows falls on at Universal Studios?

Glad you had a great Easter birthday Kathleen. *Hugs.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
*cries out* I'm here! I had a great day on Sunday! Hmmm, let's see. We had a mini Irish breakfast and then went to see Cindarella so I basically had junkfood for lunch, lol. Then we came home, exchanged Easter baskets, (yes, even as adults we still do it), then had a nice chicken dinner and a Dary Queen cake. For presents I got a Ravenclaw robe, some Despicable Me magnets for my closet door, and a shelf and radio for my bathroom. Oh, and Into the Woods on DVD. All in all a good day. Oh, and we went to Universal last week hense the HP and Despicable Me stuff. We have a free day we never used, so we're going back this weekend. It's good to be back here, and thanks everyone!
:batty:
:big_grin:
Aww, sounds like you had such a wonderful Easter weekend.:smile: Oh, and happy belated birthday!!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
No, I haven't heard anything special. I hadn't even thought about that!
:smile: As for being sorted, well I used to take a lot of sorting quizzes and they'd usually put me in Ravenclaw. I got one Gryffindor, but it was odd and I really didn't think it fit, so I'm ignoring it. Then I took the pottermore quiz and it put me in Hufflepuff, and that really messed me up! lol
:crazy: So I sort of consider myself between the two. I have the full Ravenclaw uniform as of last Saturday, and though I'm not going to go the full mile for Hufflepuff mostly because I just don't have that much money, I did get a t-shirt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, I usually leave those types of sorting quizes untouched, I took a couple back when I was more active on Facebook but the options were never fully satisfactory to me. Besides, why be part of one single house when it's better to be a loyalist to the institute/fandom as a whole. Although the one piece of Potter merch I do own is a replica of Professor Snape's wand which my brother bought a year ago. Really hope there'll be some event to commemorate the DH epilogue to actually finally get to go to the Wizarding World for realz. :dreamy:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I love the replica wands! I only wish the ones there were made of wood instead of resin. I bought my friend Luna's wand, and I have my own wand from Olivander's. I want to get a replica for myself, but can'd decide who's I want. As for why be sorted? Realism, my good man! One can't very well be a proper witch or wizard without going through Hogwarts, can they?
:attitude:
:smile: Unless of course they attended one of the other noted schools of magic. I made up this whole identity for myself and everything based on my own life. I'm a halfblood Ravenclaw. Raised by my mother's family who are all muggles. My father disappeared and the only thing I ever knew about him was that he was a wizard. My mom was passively accepting of my being a witch. Basically as long as I did well in school, she didn't really care what the school was. I'm not sure what my grandmother would've thought because she died shortly before I got my letter, though she was always supportive of me.

So now that I've just raised my geekdom to a whole new level in your eyes...
:concern:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha, that's great! I have my own self-character as part of the wizarding community as well as others.

My character turned eleven in December, so since the school year was already half in-progress, he got the rest of the half a year to acclamate himself to the wizarding world instead. The Moonstone family was respected by both wizards of light and dark, half-blood, pure-blood and muggle-born alike. But an explosion killed his parents, so he became a ward of both Albus and Minerva for that half a year before entering his first year with the 1989 class. Though the explosion rendered him blind, he has other abilities like shadow-walking and an umbiblial cord (like a long cabled stethoscope) to read textbooks or blackboards into his ear.
As for the sorting, what I imagine is that the hat couldn't call out a house because young master Moonstone kept his mind blank. Asking for Dumbledor to quickly look over the matter, it was decided he'd be a student at Hogwarts, belonging to no house but rather to all houses as he would be the first of a fifth house along with all others who wanted such a status/his friends from whichever of the other four houses.
Yes, he did go to Olivander's to get his own personal wand, though similar to Hagred, my character had his wand embedded into his walking cane. And his patronas is a silver-plumed corporial raven.

So yeah, I've thought this through as well as you have. We're pretty much equal on the geekdom level.
*Leaves cinnamon pecan muffins for Kate.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just stopping here to send birthday hugs to Fraggie, one of my cyber siblings/cousins from here on the forums. Hope you celebrate in good health.
:insatiable: :batty: :excited: