Linda, where are you??

backpackmina

Reaction score
I feel really dumb, but I just realized Linda's not on the Street anymore. What was her last season?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season 33 was her last season, so she's been gone for well over ten years now.

Ironically, there was an episode in Season 37 (I think), where Bob had a deaf niece who was visiting him, and other characters like Elmo acted like they never met a deaf person before.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Season 33 was her last season, so she's been gone for well over ten years now.

Ironically, there was an episode in Season 37 (I think), where Bob had a deaf niece who was visiting him, and other characters like Elmo acted like they never met a deaf person before.
Yeah..how soon they forget, huh?
I think Bob's deaf niece was named Samara. They acted like Linda never existed!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! And what ever happened to the guy that's the guy from UHF that said "You so Stupid! You so Stupid!"?

It really is a shame to see cast members leave, but when you have a show that's been on as long as this one has, expecting cast members, even long time ones to leave and disappear is pretty much a prerequisite. You don't even see Bob much any more. Just like a one episode per year smile and wave. I was actually pretty happy to see some Luis episodes this season.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Bob's 80 years old now(hard to believe huh?) He's been on S.S. since day 1. Maybe the writers want to cut his time down on there. (I don't think the writers want to explain death again.) Bob does still have his wits about him though. :smile: (I've seen him on Facebook)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some of those original cast members are pretty up there. I'm wondering if these actors feel they want to move on and are just less available than they used to be. Wasn't Susan's actress a school teacher for a while?

It's a shame to see big mainstays leave the show for newer actors, but that's an unfortunate part of being on this long. Then again, let's not forget those who have only been on the series a short time before their careers took off/the writers couldn't think of anything to do with them. I'm glad that when it came to recasting, it was mainly younger actors. Like Miles and Gabbi before the characters were retired from the show as their actors moved on. I'd hate to see a fake "Bob" half the age of the original one pretending to have always been there. I'm glad Sesame Street rarely had those recasts, Gordon being the only original member that's been recast so many times, but early enough in the show so it didn't really cause a huge deal.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember there was an episode (the details escape me) explaining that Hooper's store was once run by... a guy named Mr. Hooper.

It's too bad Bob hardly has any screen time anymore, but he has generated enough goodwill over the years to give his charities a higher profile.
Lucky he still plugs the show wherever he can. He'll turn 83 in June, and still keeps a pretty active schedule. I'll have to stop by his house in Teaneck sometime and say hello.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't Susan's actress a school teacher for a while?
She has a PhD in education, and I know she travels to different schools across the country and gives assemblies; she came to my school when I was in Grade 6 in 2000 - she talked about the origins of SST as well as the origins of PBS, and about the impact educational television has on children.