Questions about anything

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think a lot of Hannah-Barbera duos use the basic template of the bumbling hero and his diminutive voice-of-reason sidekick. So, short answer, yes.
This would be the same studio that would also go on to make a bunch of terrible ripoffs of their own Scooby-Doo. So totally freaking yes.

Actually, Funky Phantom's not half bad. At least it has slapstick between the dog and ghost cat. Something rare in the A.C.T. policed 1970's.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't remember if it was this thread, the "you know what?" thread, or the "what's the deal" thread, but in one of these threads I brought up the fact that ABC Family seems to show two different edits of Home Alone. Then last night I read on TV Tropes that the channel also regularly shows two different edits of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And recently I also remembered that the Family Channel (back when it was just called The Family Channel, before Fox's ownership) showed two different edits of The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (more of that later*), so this gets me wondering: Is ABC Family the only channel to regularly air multiple edits of the same program (well, besides Comedy Central airing the syndication edits of South Park during the day, or Cartoon Network's "The Bob Clampett Show" showing all Looney Tunes shorts uncensored, even if they normally are censored elsewhere on the channel)? Is there a list of all programs shown in multiple edits on the same channels?

*The first time I saw an airing of The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie on The Family Channel, which I recorded, the channel completely cut out Duck Dogers, Robin Hood Daffy (despite a clip appearing in a promo for the movie on that channel), and Duck Amuck (as well as wrap-arounds related to these shorts). Later I saw another broadcast of the movie on this channel,this time with those shorts included. In fact I also remember seeing a broadcast of The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie on that channel where the ending was cut. Not sure if it was cut in every broadcast on the channel or not, as I only watched the whole thing on the Family Channel once, but that particular broadcast of the movie ended at the end of the Show Bis Bugs sequence, right before Daffy does his ending act. It just cut to commercials, and then the next program started.... Even the end credits were cut.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why, Reese Witherspoon? Why are you starring alongside Sofia Vergara in a new movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How do you have a reunion show for a show that's still on?
Simply have as many past cast members as possible. The Facts of Life had a reunion episode with three of the four "first season girls" (though they were also semi-regulars until season three). Actually, I'd like to see a Facts of Life reunion special with everyone BUT the main five (Mrs. Garrett, Blair, Jo, Tootie, and Natalie). Or a Taxi reunion with just Bobby and John Burns (well Man on the Moon did include most of the Taxi cast including those two, though I never really noticed Randall Carver in the movie).

Sesame Street could very well have a reunion show featuring all the living actors who left the show. It'd be cool to see the return of Molly, Tom, Jennie, Petey, Mr. Handford, Hiroshi, Mike, Celina, Jamal, Angela, Ruthie, Linda, and all sorts of other characters from the past.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Jim Martin had a Kickstarter campaing to convert as many episodes of The Great Space Coaster to digital files as possible, and it was mentioned that he hoped to donate copies to a museum (hinting that he meant The Paley Center for Media... it was said he wanted to donate to a museum that would allow viewing the show, and I don't know what other museums do such a thing), but now it gets me wondering: Are any episodes of The Great Space Coaster available at the Paley Center? Were any available for viewing there before this Kickstarter campaign from a few years ago?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I assume that today the Paley Center for Media has digital files or something for patrons to select things to watch or listen to instantly, but I wonder how they did it in the pre-digital era. Did patrons have to just ask staff members to manually put tapes in? Was it possible for two people to watch/listen to the same thing at once (on different viewing screens)?