New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if there should be a short "mini season" in which the Muppets try to convince Miss Piggy to do the show and/or convince the network to approve of the show without her, and then the first full season would be them running their show.

It would be interesting also if the show was about them putting on a variety show and also facing the reality that variety shows aren't as successful as they used to be (but don't do any "ratings episodes", as The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight both had such episodes and both got cancelled, though both were among the best episodes of their respective shows).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great, we have big name celebrities in this, which gives it an advantage over normal pilots.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder if there should be a short "mini season" in which the Muppets try to convince Miss Piggy to do the show and/or convince the network to approve of the show without her, and then the first full season would be them running their show.
We don't need the show to revert back to a plot device from the 2011 movie: the Muppets are already reunited, they're already working again, we don't need to go back and have them try to reunite again to work together again. Not only have the Muppets already done that with the 2011, that premise itself has already been done to death. THE COUNTRY BEARS, for one thing.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That's some pretty poor logic.
I agree considering Prince, Pierce Brosnan, Dennis Quaid, Penn and Teller, Andie MacDowell and many other popular 90's celebrities had their Muppets Tonight episodes shelved at ABC to be burned off virtually unseen by most of the public on the Disney Channel. You just never know about these things. I still going to stay optimistic. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
An unfortunate truth to be certain, but considering the star power of Jason Segal was so integral to the modest success of the first movie things look about fifty fifty, I'd say.

But if the star power thing works to sell the pilot that's great. Just as long as that power isn't what drives the show to be successful. This is a Muppet show. Not an everyone else you can see everywhere else series. The pilot and subsequent ratings if it gets picked up must rely on the Muppets.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
for celebrity guests, they could do stars from Disney Channel, Disney movies, and ABC. For a episode, they could do R5 rocking out with Animal and Electric Mayhem or capitalize on Frozen's popularity and have Idina Menzel singing Let It Go with Miss Piggy.