Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know about shakiness, but the choppy playback is becoming more of a widespread problem - in fact, I'd say the choppy playback is almost as bad as it used to be on my old computer that was barely puttering along on 512MB of RAM.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now YT will be offering users the option to watch videos ad-free for a monthly fee. Don't they already do that for free with adblockers? Will YT will start to become immune to them in the future?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A lot of sites offer something like that, they're usually "premium" memberships; like with deviantART, for example, you can pay for a premium membership for X-amount of time, and in doing so, removing ads from the site is a feature of a premium membership.

YT is always looking for ways to make money off its people, so this sounds like another one of their money-making schemes . . . and yes, YT does actually have some immunity to adblockers, which is why I eventually had to install more than one on my browser, because some ads and commercials were still filtering through.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YT has a new feature on our channels now: apparently, you can set a certain video to be your channel trailer for new visitors to your channel, and another trailer for your current/returning subscribers.

Oh yeah, and apparently the Rickroll has been unblocked again. For how long, I don't know, but that's how I found out about the two different channel trailers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That loading/buffering problem you guys keep talking about has been happening to me more frequently these last few days, it's gotten to the point that certain videos I have to refresh the page upwards of seven times to get the video to load.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to add videos to a new playlist I made, and for some reason, after I've added them and go to the page (or refresh if it didn't parse)...they're not even there. They are shown on the main index of playlists, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, I have to refresh every video I try to watch, also upwards of 6-7 times to get them to load.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, I have to refresh every video I try to watch, also upwards of 6-7 times to get them to load.
Now I have to refresh upwards of 10-11 times to get vids to load.

But anyway, I just discovered something that while it doesn't necessarily effect me too much, considering my official channel is able to feature longer vids, it apparently isn't enough to have an account in good standing anymore, now you have to verify your account to upload vids longer than 15 minutes: I found that out when trying to upload a half-hour vid on my goof-off channel.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Is the RealTime feature acting wacky today or something? I just started doing a walkthrough of a game on YouTube, and RealTime shows that the first video has received a little more than a hundred views so far, but the Uploads page says it only has 10 or so views. I don't get why the synchronization is off, which it shouldn't be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that more and more studios seem to be catching onto the fact that people are using YouTube as a means to post programs and such that are hard to find/watch, and that now not only are they still removing those shows for copyright, but now they're offering them through their own official channels for watching, but you have to pay to watch them? It's like they've finally decided to keep these shows and such on YT, but they've also decided they still need to make money one way or another. Yet, we still can't get DVDs unless they're MOD, which is almost a partial slap in the face.