New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can understand how you feel about the Disney Channel shows, but there stars would bring in a younger audience as well.
There are better, kid friendlier stars than those who star in the interchangeable Disney line up. I'd say if they want to go full big freaking budget guest, get as many of the Avengers stars as possible in character (ala the Star Wars episode). Which would make it all the more annoying to SHIELD fans that they'd get Marvel heroes guest starring. There's plenty of good guests that can get younger audiences in and with using Disynergy without touching that programming. We've had Studio DC, it's time to move as far away as that as possible.

We could probably see another Star Wars episode, actually. They own both.

I still have scars from Animal ogling over Miley Cyrus, "Oh! So pret-ty!"
Yeahhhhhh... glad I never sat through the whole thing. There's the Muppets fawning over guest stars, and then there's...well... that's pretty disturbing.

But those like Miley and Duff are considered way past old news. Like LeBeuof. Sure, Even Stevens was the best thing they had at the time (and since), but the guy's starred in too many bad movies and bad mouthed them to be taken seriously. But again, freaking old timers compared to...uh...and...eh...and the Girl meets World girl... heck, they aren't even nameable anymore. If we're getting Disney channel stars, how about some Kristin Schall (voice of Mable Pines). She didn't interact with the Muppets enough in TM.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I can understand how you feel about the Disney Channel shows, but there stars would bring in a younger audience as well.
Disney Channel actors (for they are certainly not stars) are interchangeable and meaningless in the grand scheme of our cultural landscape. Most of the celebrities featured on The Muppet Show are still relevant today - living or dead, they are icons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney's tweencoms (and for that matter, Nickelodeon's) are absolutely disposable with interchangeable kids and settings. One's called "I didn't Do it" for Glob's sake. That title is essentially a Mea Culpa that they just don't give a frig. And especially now. I hate to say it but even with Hanna Montana, at least people have heard of Miley Cyrus. I dare anyone to name any of the "stars" of Disney's current programming block. Only one I even see going outside of those programs is... uh... one of them has a chubby Hispanic girl in it and she's like in that Paul Blart 2 thing. There are more recognizable names and faces doing the cartoon voice work for them. I'd love to rant about how Disney's cartoon line up should shine against their generic live action slopfest, but that's one that would take all day. Point is, interchangeable Disney channel programming tweens shouldn't be guests on this series.

Voice actors for movies and actual sitcoms that people watch stars on ABC... that's just going to be obvious.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well there is one Disney Channel show that is slowly trying to change that, Girl Meets World. Oh sure it has it's moments, but they have done a good job at not watering the show down to much, and most of the child actors are in my opinion good at what they do.
They have also managed to bring back a lot of the cast from Boy Meets World back. In fact the writers tweeted today that they where bringing back one of there cast members, and Earl from Dinosaurs don't ask me how.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well there is one Disney Channel show that is slowly trying to change that, Girl Meets World. Oh sure it has it's moments, but they have done a good job at not watering the show down to much, and most of the child actors are in my opinion good at what they do.
They have also managed to bring back a lot of the cast from Boy Meets World back. In fact the writers tweeted today that they where bringing back one of there cast members, and Earl from Dinosaurs don't ask me how.
I've seen one episode of GMW, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, I'd say it's still a small step up from the usual crop of tweencoms they show. It at least has the continuity of BMW going for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen one episode of GMW, and while I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, I'd say it's still a small step up from the usual crop of tweencoms they show. It at least has the continuity of BMW going for it.
I have to admit, I was never a big fan of the original series, though a certain member became Batman Beyond, Deadpool, and Bumblebee...so there's that. But I will agree that GMW actually manages a more subtle style that the original series had rather than "wacky misadventures of kids who give generic one liners and hammy adults falling in cakes" crap kiddycoms are known for. So it's not awful.