The Chipmunks

Rugratskid

Reaction score
April 10 was the premiere date for the UK (it aired on Nick Jr UK). :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, don't worry. It will probably pop up somewhere less than reputable. It usually does.

Kinda disappointed someone from Australia didn't put up all the Robots in Disguise episodes already.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so here's some odd changes that are being made in regards to the characters with the new show:

1. Simon and Jeanette are the oldest now, even though Alvin and Brittany were always the oldest . . . I don't know, maybe they got tired of everybody always assuming Simon and Jeanette are the oldest because they're taller and more mature than their siblings, so they just decided to make them the oldest now.

2. The Chipettes are no longer triplets. There's apparently an episode about their separate birthdays. That kind of explains why Eleanor is a newborn while Brittany and Jeanette are toddlers in the Minimunks movie.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
April 10 was the premiere date for the UK (it aired on Nick Jr UK). :frown:
I saw that and thought "Nick Jr. UK? Seriously? Why would a show for kids older than Nick Jr. age air on a preschool channel?" Then again, they have shown Rugrats and Mumfie (aimed at an older audience than Thomas the Tank Engine in many countries including its' homeland of the UK. I mean, how many preschool shows can you think of that contain an island turned into a prison and a scarecrow who mistakes the word "come" for a similar-sounding word?). My guess is that they're trying to compete with the success of the Disney Junior run of 7D.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just had a thought: you know what would actually make "All About That Bass" a good song? Have Eleanor sing it! I mean the song is supposed to be about being happy and confident with your body isn't it? Eleanor's always been that kind of character, so not only would it be a fitting song for her, but a squeaky voice would certainly be a lot less annoying that a robotic and overly auto-tuned voice.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Either that or a Weird Al Yankovic Polka Medley.

Come to think of it, was UndeniAble a flop or something? You'd think that if the movies were oh so successful that there needs to be 4 of them, they'd at least have a couple other non-soundtrack albums by now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently in the new movie, the Chipmunks and Chipettes befriend some teenaged skateboard chick.

Why is this suddenly feeling like Chuck E. Cheese?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Skateboard chick?

Uh...

Yeah. How hip for the youngsters, right? Hastag Completely Current, Amiright?

Betchya it's going to be a human girl who can't seem to get popular and needs the Munks and Ettes' help to being herself, taking 80% of the screen time with her.

And they're complaining about the Jem movie. :rolleyes:

Okay. I really liked the first movie, half liked half hated the second (but dug it overall), and the third one just seemed like a bad extension of an episode they did in the 80's. This one sounds like very lame way they ruined cartoon based live action remakes in the 00's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how exactly the skatergirl fits into the movie, what her story is, or what she's contributing to in the movie, but from the sources I've read, the movie sounds almost like another episode rehash: in this case, Dave is apparently going to be proposing to his girlfriend who lives in New York, and the Munks are afraid that he'll dump them in favor of her, so they embark on a cross-country roadtrip to put a stop to the romance.

But yeah, the actress playing the skatergirl (she looks familiar, can't place her though) has apparently been posting production pics on Instagram.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, with absolutely no fanfare, the new Chipmunks cartoon is scheduled to air this very Monday at 4PM on Nickelodeon. How do I know? A commercial for the series randomly popped up during Pig Goat Banana Cricket. And then, only one. There was an ad per commercial break for Nick's next "We swear kids are going to love this old collection of Dead Horse kid's movie tropes" abomination that's clearly a pilot for yet another bad cliche storm of a tweencom.

Seems they're using the 1980's cartoon's theme song. Animation looks good.