Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm trying to update my channel art, but for some reason, it doesn't display the new art after it says "Saving...". What the heck is going on?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you sure it meets all the requirements: pixel size, file size, etc.?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Ah... I forgot about the file size part. The image I uploaded is 5 MB, which is definitely over the maximum size (and I think the pixel size was too high, too). Thanks for pointing that out, D'Snowth!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No prob, they're very specific about all that stuff - I recently finally unlocked custom thumbnails, and they even have specifications for those as well that I always have to be mindful of.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The YouTube homepage is messed up and I don't know why.

It's showing up like this.

It should be like this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't even have that left side menu: ah, one of the wonders of still using a 4:3 resolution. :stick_out_tongue:

But other than that, I really don't see much difference, unless you're using a different zoom level in your browser.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't even have that left side menu: ah, one of the wonders of still using a 4:3 resolution. :stick_out_tongue:

But other than that, I really don't see much difference, unless you're using a different zoom level in your browser.
I'm not using a different zoom level.

I have the default zoom level.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay . . . why, exactly, is YT pushing Kim Krapdashian's sex tape right now? I mean . . . why?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with thumbnails lately? Sometimes when I upload a video and select the thumbnail to use from the upload page, then go to the Video Manager, all it shows is the gray [...] picture. Doesn't that just mean that the thumbnail is being processed? It really should just show the thumbnail right away, but sometimes it does this, and it's annoying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had that same problem too - the problem seems to fix itself eventually.