Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4524 - Abby Schools in Cool

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4524 - Abby Schools in Cool
Monday April 27, 2015

Telly and friends are trying to follow all of the latest trends on the site AreYouCool.Cool. The trends seem to change constantly that everyone just can’t keep up. Abby has the right idea and just does what she thinks is fun. Will everyone else follow her example?

Subject: Math, Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: B & 9
Word on the Street: Technology – A tool that helps you do things.

If you've seen "Abby Schools in Cool" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is another episode where one character really sold it. Telly's frantic desire to be cool was once again, hilariously his best. While I never make the case for less characters in a Street Story, I think this would have been a lot better if it was just Abby calmly ignoring the website and only Telly freaking out to frantically keep up. Seems like there was lost potential for Telly having one of his regular breakdowns.

Nice to see Abby's quirkiness popping back.

And great that they had an episode saying essentially fads are stupid, and having the WOTD segment with the celebrity flummoxed by all the gadgets to do one thing each to explain technology. Nice little backhanded compliment there.

I really dug that new B animation with that kid and his backpack. Nice little humorous asides that kept the thing from being too cute. Also love how they went with Brachiosaurus when the obvious and deeply programmed "Brontosaurus" that didn't exist would have been used up until 10 years ago. And leave it to Sesame Street to make a puppet remake of a cartoon segment. Nothing's going to replace the Bud Luckey cartoons in my book, but nice to see them remake old stuff instead of tossing everything over to gardens and piles of rocks.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was great. I loved how it made fun of how trends almost constantly change. The WOTD was funny. I liked how it showed that something simple like a backpack can be considered technology. Also, I liked that after the Letter dance break, Elmo laughed a little. At least, it's something different from what we normally get.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The street story was really good. Funny plot and that song was great.

Not sure how I feel about the Martian Beauty remake. It was cute, but the original wasn't cute; it was just a quaint little country ditty. I also don't see the reason it's sung by a kid now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the Martian Beauty remake. It was cute, but the original wasn't cute; it was just a quaint little country ditty. I also don't see the reason it's sung by a kid now.

The same reason Ten Turtles was made as sung by Stewie Griffin some seasons ago.

BTW: I'm intrigued in learning more about the puppet version of the Martian Beauty.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm mixed by the results. Somehow, I think they could have kept the original tune and the puppet wasn't quite as impressive as the original animation. I kinda see why they'd go with a younger, hipper sounding version of the song with a kid (even though it makes the love interest theme of the song a little ...off). I'm sure that kids wouldn't get the country novelty song of the original because we don't really hear that kind of music anymore. Country is essentially a watered-down version of Rock now, and the less said about it the better. Then again, I do like how they're at least homaging classic skits rather than dull "count the flowers" or "this is what a certain number looks like" skits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Also love how they went with Brachiosaurus when the obvious and deeply programmed "Brontosaurus" that didn't exist would have been used up until 10 years ago.
Yeah. That looked more like a Bronto to me. But I see what you mean, I think. Since "Apatasaurus" doesn't start with B.