Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I also wonder what outfit Gonzo will get:concern:...I'm kinda hoping for modern sweater vest
It has been said that there'd be a daredevil variant. Of course I've assumed the variants would be repaints, so I wonder how any of Gonzo's regular outfits can be repainted into a daredevil one (Gonzo has worn a number of different daredevil outtfits, some in the same basic style but different colors).

galagr

Reaction score
C2E2 ends today. Is there any more news on this whatsoever?

j3h

Reaction score
Latest ask DST has quite a bit of Muppet Q&A:

As Diamond Select Toys’ offerings expand in new directions, the “Miscellaneous” mailbag of Ask DST has swollen to unprecedented heights! DST president DSTChuck is here to answer your questions about Batman, Gotham, Muppets, Ghostbusters, Nightmare Before Christmas and more! Got your own question? Click on the “Question?” link up top, or e-mail us!

(Edited for just Muppet related questions for posting here)
J. (Me) :smile:
Will the upcoming Muppet figures come with display bases? Might I suggest that each Muppet figure come with their own archway that could connect together and stack to make a display of the Show’s opening? It would be fairly inexpensive to add since the same tooling would be used over and over (twice over in each two pack). I see that the design would have to be modified slightly to accommodate a full body figure rather than half a puppet, and for stacking stability. Wouldn’t that be a great way to display a collection as the line continues on? Eventually DST could even make the Muppet Show logo with an opening “O” for Kermit or Gonzo.

DSTChuck: That is a neat idea, but the figures are already coming packed two figures per package, as well as some with accessories. Also, as you say, it would need major modification to work, and would need to be packed two per package as well. Maybe down the road.

J3 H. (Me again) :smile:
Greetings! Could you share a little bit more about your plans for The Muppets? You stated you have a few waves planned, but how many 2packs will be in a wave? Would a large character like Sweetums be by himself or packed with someone tiny like Robin? Anything else you can share? Thanks!

DSTChuck: Four two -per series. Right now, for the most part, it’s two similar-sized characters per pack, but yes, something like Sweetums and a smaller character could be something we would do.

Michael K.
If the Muppet action figures are successful, what are the chances for characters like Bean Bunny or the Muppet Babies getting made?

DSTChuck: I don’t think we have gotten far enough to look into anything past the Muppet Show.

Tanya O.
I think it’s great that DST has acquired the Muppets license, as we haven’t had any real Muppets toy lines since the incredible Palisades Muppets a decade-plus ago. I know that for sales reasons the Diamond Select Muppets lines will mostly be covering all of the heavy-hitters, but is there any chance of in some form covering the one gaping hole left over for Palisades Muppets collectors: Sal Manilla? Sal the Monkey was the only Palisades Muppets Series 10 figure that was sculpted and didn’t get released in any form, and as a result Muppets collectors have 3 Johnny Fiamas and no Sals. In fact, no company has ever produced a Sal figure to put with Johnny. Even if it’s just as a non-poseable, undersized pack-in PVC figure or a Minimate, what are the chances of getting a Sal Manilla figure from Diamond Select to “complete” the collections of long-time Muppets collectors? I think knowing that a Sal figure of any kind is finally coming would go a long to winning over Muppets collectors with preexisting Palisades Toys Muppets collections. Thank you!!!

DSTChuck: Right now we have the first four series kind of roughed in, but it’s not set in stone. Only the first series is sculpted at this time, so too early to say for sure…

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... So they're planning a total of two 2-packs per serie with the first four series roughly planned out. That gets us a total of sixteen of the twenty-four Muppet Select figures mentioned only as a guestimate in a previous ASK DST segment. We know the first half of S1 will be the pairing of Kermit :smile: & Fozzie :embarrassed:, but who's the other two-pack?

BTW: DST also has the license for NBC? ! ? :fanatic:
What are their plans with that line if you can LMK via PM JH3? Thanks.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Latest ask DST has quite a bit of Muppet Q&A:
Tanya O.
In fact, no company has ever produced a Sal figure to put with Johnny. Even if it’s just as a non-poseable, undersized pack-in PVC figure or a Minimate, what are the chances of getting a Sal Manilla figure from Diamond Select to “complete” the collections of long-time Muppets collectors?
Tanya, if you read this, did you know that a French Company has made mini Porcelain Muppet figures, which includes Johnny and Sal!

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
16 out of 24 already planned? How interesting :batty:

:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::halo:

This means we have 11 mystery Muppets and I think it's safe to say :attitude: :hungry: :confused: :eek: :wink: :sympathy: :fanatic: will be represented and that already makes me happy, everything else will simply be a bigger pleasant surprise.

If I had to guess I'd say the last 4 consist of :sleep::boo::shifty::rolleyes: or :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool:

And as much as I eventually want them to get to Sal I think I'd prefer to have Bobo Bear first

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I am personally very excited for this new line, seeing how I own no Palisades figures :concern: , and I can't wait until the first set is released!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I have looked through all coverage from the event, and it does not look like they displayed any muppet Minimates. How disappointing.