The Lizard Brothers

ashkent

Reaction score
So, among the numerous ideas and projects I've got, one is a trio of singing lizards who sing comedy versions of well known songs in an acapella style.

I'm still toying with whether to include something around the neck/head, but for now here are some pictures of two of the trio.

crazy chris

Reaction score
These look great! ...and the show premise sounds great as well!! Keep us informed!

cc

ashkent

Reaction score
So, after a last minute addition, a name tweak and a change of face, here are the first pictures of the Lizzard Brothers.

The premise remains the same, and three of the now quartet have definite voices. So here is the rundown of the Lizzards.

Freddie

While i have an idea that all four of the Lizzards will have some kind of lead in certain songs (I already have Eddie penned for a version of Tom Waits' Hold On), Freddie is the groups lead vocalist. I have his voice pitched something similar to that of Jerry Nelson's Gobo - young, excitable, energetic.

Eddie

With a change of colour to match the rest of the group (one of those things that just happens naturally during development), Eddie has a low, deep tone. A bit of a southern drawl. He takes the bass lines of the songs, and lead on certain songs.

Teddy

Oldest member of the group, Teddy currently has a soft, smooth voice. He sits somewhere in the easy listening genre...a little bit Rat Pack perhaps.

Phil

The oddment of the group, step-brother to the other Lizzards - hence his slightly different appears compared to the others. Phil hasn't got a definite voice yet..he has fluctuated from sounding like Moe from The Simpsons, to Fozzie, to Ernie, to Oscar. Possibly even edging towards Bryan Adams style.

So, there they are. I'm putting together a kind of casting reel in between the other video work I have on and orders, so in the next couple of months I should have something worth updating. Watch this space.

ashkent

Reaction score
Oh, and the other thing i forgot to mention - because someone commented on it in a previous thread - The Lizzards are all made with mostly standard polar fleece with some Antron. I have found, particularly on certain colours, that polar fleece is sometimes better than Antron in the fact it doesn't get "fluffy" areas if it has been rubbing against anything.