Your dream TV show music settings.

Xerus

Reaction score
Suppose you had a chance for a cartoon to get animated or make a TV show, what kind of theme song or background music would you like it to have?

If my webcomics ever got animated.

For Rebusquest, I'd like for it to have groovy psychedelic music from the 70's. Like you're watching a cartoon from classic Sesame Street or The Electric Company. Kind of like the music Joe Raposo would make.

For X.O. Seal, I'd like it to have cute anime-like superhero music.

And for Skelroy and Bonus, maybe some cool and funny biker sounding music.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If he was still living, I wouldn't mind Joe Raposo scoring any of my work.

Aside from that, I've often felt that I would like to have Guy Moon score score my work. Even though I have no interesting in making movies, if I did, I would definitely want Alan Silvestri to do the score.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
If I would make a movie, I would have Randy Newman or John Williams do the score.

If I would make a TV show, I would have Mike Post or Randy Edelman do the score.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to include every music genre on my show, or at least as many as possible. Even music genres I typically dislike such as country. But I think rock, jazz, classical, and a little country and rap would be the most prominent genres. More in comparison to other types of music, but I'd still like to get a little bit of everything.

I'd also like to include a lot of music that sounds like it was done in the 1970s and 1980s. It wouldn't all have to be that, a prominent '50s and '60s-style music soundtrack would be fine as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does Randy Edelman do TV? Heh, I remember when he scored THE CHIPMUNK ADVENTURE (his first movie), they said he'd never be affordable ever again after that. But I like his work as well, it's rather distinctive - THE BIG GREEN is probably one of his best.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Club Foot Orchestra would be my pick. They did amazing work with their psychedelic jazz score on The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat. Ditto Dan Boer & Zac Pike for their work on Chowder.

And I'd also go with Shuki Levy. He worked wonders with analog synths back in the day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's just something about the Soundtrack to shows like Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, and The Littles. It has such a 1980's charm to it, and there's always a dramatic quality that gives those tense moments a real sharp dynamic. What Gadget fan didn't love the ominous, almost frantic music that played when Penny was sneaking around only to get caught? And let's not forget Levy's arrangement of Super Mario game music in the Super Show.

So much better than flat sounding 90's synth music.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So much better than flat sounding 90's synth music.
I also didn't like when Muppet Babies replaced those great orchestral pieces composed by Robert J. Walsh (the same composer from the G1 Transformers and My Little Pony shows) with that flat, kiddy show-sounding '90s MIDI music composed by Robert Irving and Hank Saroyan in the last few seasons starting with "It's Only Pretendo". Though I did like how the title cards had different music each episode.