Kermit and Walter at YouTube Space LA

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Miss Piggy arrives at YouTube Space LA (for those who don't like flanderized Piggy, you don't need to watch this!!):
I don't think she was flanderized in that video. I actually laughed out loud at the ending and like that they did something different and unexpected with the character by making her a bit of a trickster instead of resorting to karate again.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Come on, what is wrong with Disney, instead of making real muppet videos, they stuff them into random song covers, and educational videos, seriously Beaker getting a bad taste in his mouth, what happened to him being hurt, I mean I am fine with these, but just saying what I think about the whole situation.
You just had to be negative and ungrateful, eh? :rolleyes:

Quit ragging on Disney (aka the Muppets' saviors) and be glad that we're getting new viral videos starring the Muppets at all! :mad:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Disney the Muppets' savior. Yours maybe, but not theirs. After all, it took 'em seven years to finally realize there's a lot of potential to be had with them; prior to that, one bombed TV movie, one modest TV special, and dozens of shelved projects, one of which was the pilot they just recently did. Matter of fact, all things considered, Jason Segel could be more accurately be refered to as the Muppets' savior, because it took his and Nick Stoller's screenplay to convince Disney to take a risk on doing something big with them.

Come on dude, seriously, just because people don't share your sunshine and rainbows opinion about Disney (or the fact that some people don't share your opinions in general) doesn't mean they're negative and ungrateful: they have a right to their own opinions as much as you do without you having to jump on everybody for saying something about Disney that isn't sugar-coated. Disney isn't a perfect company, neither is JHC, no company is perfect, every company has their flaws and pitfalls; just because a company bears the name of someone who left a lasting impact and impression on generations of people doesn't mean that company continues to operate with that person's same kind of ideals and practices - Michael Eisner is a perfect example of that.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Disney the Muppets' savior. Yours maybe, but not theirs. After all, it took 'em seven years to finally realize there's a lot of potential to be had with them; prior to that, one bombed TV movie, one modest TV special, and dozens of shelved projects, one of which was the pilot they just recently did. Matter of fact, all things considered, Jason Segel could be more accurately be refered to as the Muppets' savior, because it took his and Nick Stoller's screenplay to convince Disney to take a risk on doing something big with them.

Come on dude, seriously, just because people don't share your sunshine and rainbows opinion about Disney (or the fact that some people don't share your opinions in general) doesn't mean they're negative and ungrateful: they have a right to their own opinions as much as you do without you having to jump on everybody for saying something about Disney that isn't sugar-coated. Disney isn't a perfect company, neither is JHC, no company is perfect, every company has their flaws and pitfalls; just because a company bears the name of someone who left a lasting impact and impression on generations of people doesn't mean that company continues to operate with that person's same kind of ideals and practices - Michael Eisner is a perfect example of that.
Please don't talk down to me, D'Snowth.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Please don't talk down to me, D'Snowth.
Come on guys let's not fight please! This is a very exciting time for Muppet fans! The Muppets are slowly coming back to being the stars they use to be when the Muppet Show was at it's heights. In 10 short days we will also find out if they will have there own TV show again which is a very long time coming. Disney is trying, which is great because if there is something we can all agree on (I hope) is that we all love the Muppets!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
How could any of you be complaining about these? Currently there are Muppets across Disney Junior, Youtube and soon ABC! How could anyone possibly be negative about Muppets across all Disney platforms?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney is trying, which is great because if there is something we can all agree on (I hope) is that we all love the Muppets!
Whatever anyone can say about Disney, the fact that after a disappointing box office and stronger franchises under their belt (Marvel and Star Wars, natch) they even give The Muppets the time of day is something to be happy about. I've had problems with their slow and cautious stream of Muppet projects and products, but that's just about it. I don't think anyone, not even Henson would have done a much better job. I also don't see why they had a stream of internet hits and stopped just as the first movie came out only to make like one or two in between (so you can't even blame that on MMW's underperformance). I'm glad they're trying. Very much so. I just don't see why we don't have more viral Muppet stuff. Now, take into account that SW is pretty much the only one that regularly releases original online content, and Henson essentially just turned into clips of Dinosaur Train (none of their other projects past or present. Just Dino Train), Disney has the middle road here. It would be great to see a biweekly (the every other week type) short Muppet video... even if it goes to just monthly. THAT'S where there's room for improvement.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
How could any of you be complaining about these? Currently there are Muppets across Disney Junior, Youtube and soon ABC! How could anyone possibly be negative about Muppets across all Disney platforms?
Because in the grand scheme of things, this is nothing.