ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
if Mr. Henson was alive , he wouldn't like this at all.
I don't know about that. He might actually find it interesting, because delving into the characters' personal lives as this series intends to do lends itself to Jim's concept that the characters were never really "characters" in the sense of the word, but rather they were a troupe of actors that just happen to be puppets - that's why they've always been so well to adapt to stories in their own wacky retellings, such as MCC, MTI, and others: they're a universal adaptable cast, they're just fuzzy is all.

Jim was always very open-minded about everything, I think he would probably like to see how this series would turn out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for me, I'm ecstatic yet concerned about if this one will find an audience. I'm happy they're back on television, though network television never gave them the opportunities and chances syndication did.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm very excited that the Muppets are getting a chance this fall, it shows the confidence Disney (and by proxy ABC) have in the franchise. ABC has shown that it can develop sitcoms (Modern Family, The Middle, The Goldbergs all have a few seasons under their belt and Black-ish looks like it's heading that way), so I think they'll give the show the support it needs. I'll be interested to see where it slots in the schedule once that comes out.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
"Could we do it all again - make 'em laugh like we did then?
On the stage where we belong - we can harmonize for one more song"

That's where my mind and heart are right now, people. I'll worry about the details of the show's format and demographics and target audience and "would anybody watch, or even care" some other time.

Right now, I'm so excited I can't see straight. THE MUPPETS ARE COMING BACK TO PRIME TIME TV!!!
And we found out - one day before the date universally acknowledged as Kermit's 60th birthday (and the 60th anniversary of The Muppets); six days before the 25th anniversary of Jim Henson's death; 17 years after the Muppets last had a weekly network series; and one year after MMW's box-office take had us all wringing our hands and worrying about the franchise's future.

THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, GANG!!! POS-A-LUTELY!!! :big_grin:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I honestly would be fine watching half an hour of the Muppets just sitting in a room, just because it means they are back on TV. I am not worrying about the content of the show at the moment, we should all just be thankful that the Muppets are finally getting their own show again!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
variety shows are not crappy , I have the right not to like the new format. and as a Muppet fan I have the right to complain on here just as much as you do . I just know that's it's going to be nothing but a copy of all the shows that are out there, I don't know why they are following this trend, I really don't like that they are . now that's a true Muppet fan . if they going to put the Muppets back on TV, they should do it right. minus their personal lives.
Variety shows do indeed suck. Not all of them indiscriminately. Carol Burnett did it right. But the sheer glut of crappy Sonny and Cher wannabes... ugh... don't make me force you to watch a Pink Lady and Jeff!

You do have a right to complain, though, and a right to not watch. Just not a right to ask why they're no longer relevant if the show fails. I'm sick of the "terrible food and small portions" argument.

Seriously... does anyone want a bad retread of The Muppet Show? That's why MT failed. The personal lives portion of that show was actually the best it got.

Status
Not open for further replies.