ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

This is perhaps the biggest Muppet news in a few years. Maybe somebody could update the main page of MC.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

This is perhaps the biggest Muppet news in a few years. Maybe somebody could update the main page of MC.
Oh absolutely. I'd dare say this is the biggest Muppet news story since 1997/1998 when I first started going on Muppet websites.

Also exciting reading that excerpt from Baretta's post; talk about the ultimate stars aligning braintrust(ok maybe even more so if Oz came back, but contemporary wise this is great)

Man how amazing is it Goelz has been around since what, 1975 working with these characters? Originally I was like some here and didnt like the "Office" style of sitcoms when the phenomenon first began, I preferred the traditional sitcom look(like what Big Bang Theory continues to do) But more and more, I got into stuff like the Office, Up All Night, Community and Modern Family and now I'm wildly a big fan of the style and think it's perfect for it. And for those wanting to see the Muppets doing sketch parody: Im sure they'll continue to do that online. The Muppets have already done so many amazing spoofs and shorts exclusively for youtube in just the last 7 years alone.

The cinematography lensing to me looks richer than anything we saw in the last two movies...and I have to say this ABC prime time annoucement I feel is a hundred times more exciting than if they simply announced a third Muppets film.
Because TV shows are where it's at right now, out doing movies in terms of fandom and popularity. And I have a feeling if this catches on we'll definitely finally see that Muppet merch deluge we've been waiting for.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say this ABC prime time annoucement I feel is a hundred times more exciting than if they simply announced a third Muppets film.
Because TV shows are where it's at right now, out doing movies in terms of fandom and popularity. And I have a feeling if this catches on we'll definitely finally see that Muppet merch deluge we've been waiting for.
TV is far more accessible than a 10 dollar movie ticket. Even when it comes to online distribution. That's at worst an 8 day wait vs sometimes a year or more at best. Not to mention maybe the general public will take a shine to the Muppets in 20 minute bursts instead of a single 100 minute sitting. Besides. Movies are easy. They could very well have kept the Muppets going as a series of cheap DTV.

Still, I want to see clips before deciding if it's "The Office" like or not. I don't think it would be. Probably closer to Waiting for Guffman or A Mighty Wind or something (obviously The Office's inspiration). But I can very easily see this becoming similar to The Comedians.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really hope that "The Muppets" is just a tentative title. It could use a unique title that won't be confused for the 2011 movie.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I really hope that "The Muppets" is just a tentative title. It could use a unique title that won't be confused for the 2011 movie.
Me too, the title is just "Meh". I would have preferred something as simple as "The New Muppet Show" over just "The Muppets". I am VERY optimistic on this though. The last 2 movies, though flawed have shown the Muppets still have it..."it" being the ability to entertain me and make me laugh! I was getting a little nervous when I saw the recent video's they have made with kid's. It seemed a rather odd backwards step but hey, any Muppets is good Muppets*, right??!!

* Except Muppets Wizard of Oz, Kermit's Swamp Years, Studio DC, Letters to Santa and most of Muppets from Space

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't like "The New Muppet Show" any more than "The Muppets." The New gets the sense of replacing the old, and I doubt very much that should be the case. Yet, The Muppets gets confusing with the movie title and the overall franchise title.

I dunno. It's like I want to criticize the name, yet can't think of anything else myself. Weird how that works out. I'd say "Muppets: Behind the Scenes" would be something, but even I'm not a big supporter of that either and I can up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.