Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Harleena

Reaction score
I hate fans who are hypocrites. It's especially obnoxious in the Hetalia fandom, where the female characters are absolutely DESPISED just for EXISTING. Yet the 12-year-old fangirls who hate those female characters so much create sparkly-haired Mary Sues to ship with Prussia, and that's cool with them.

Harleena

Reaction score
Also, I hate people who can't take any criticism of their work. For example, take the creator of this OC (the name was later changed to Bloom Luna):

Now, as you can see, her OC is not very good. When you criticize her, she claims to use the ideas (as long as the person is not a "brogre"), but she never does, seeing as this is some of her later artwork.

As you can see, almost the exact same. She gets really mad whenever someone calls this thing a Mary Sue. Also, I don't mind if you use bases, but CREDIT THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEM! OR ELSE DRAW YOUR OWN ARTWORK!

…oh. But seriously, this girl needs to learn to take some constructive criticism!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Recently a friend of mine from a Brony community I'm a part of made and uploaded a video on Youtube about FNAF which a lot of the fandom weren't too happy with. She received a lot of unpleasant comments such as telling her to 'leave the fandom alone for those who appreciate it', unnecessarily criticised her for liking MLP (which she mainly talks about) and told her she was 'wasting her life on stupid opinions.'

And what did she say in her video about FNAF on a whole? That the game was good but it wasn't scary.

That's literally it.

So far, the fandom I've encountered seem nice but it's at times like these when this is still relevant;

BTW the video is here if anyone's curious.

Harleena

Reaction score
The generic anime look fallacy is something that truly bugs me as an animation fan. It's shared by 11 year old girl and 50 year old white businessman alike. How many ugly sort of anime-ish coloring books have you came in contact with at Rite Aid or Dollar Tree? That sort of thing is responsible for Loonatics Unleashed among others. I'd say at least the tweenage girls have an excuse of being tweenage girls.
I myself got to make a little parody of the shoujo style the other night…here it is.

Don't ask. But I'll admit, I do love to draw in this style. Even if it's applied to a microphone and a cup.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, they had those guys long ago. Even Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures parodied them.

Now we're those guys. It's horrifying.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the fnaf fandom has just really fallen apart lately and its making me even more ashamed to be part of it by extension that I like fnaf and am interested in the lore.

Now the war is basically half the fandom is a fan of the murderer from the game and the other half flame and bash the people who like him.

I can understand the hate side, since he is a child murderer and he's a terrible person, but their arguments are completely invalid. They complain about people designing him to be hot. SO WHAT? Physical appearance and how hot someone looks does not have anything to do with how nice a person is. There are plenty of attractive scumbags. Two, people have long been sexualizing Freddy Krueger and have even made him an icon AMONG CHILDREN (child halloween costumes exist). So im kinda just. Where's the logic in that? Hating on one child murderer and not another. But i digress thats a bad example.

What really gets me is that these people dont seem to understand the concept of liking someone as a villain. You sure can like an absolutely terrible person and not support any of their actions. Quite honestly I find the murderer to be interesting since we dont know a thing about him other than he is now dead inside one of the animatronics. Also I tend to gravitate towards characters with little to no backstory or are shrouded in mystery.

I mean the hate has gotten so bad that its ran the person who popularized his human design from the fandom...which is quite sad...

I actually roleplay him and the hate is so bad that I actively avoid rping with fnaf rpers because i'm terrified that festering cesspool side of the fandom will find me because of that and i cant deal with how stupid the fandom is in that respect. Despite the fact i rp him as a total scumbag and openly say he deserves getting crushed inside the animatronic. but you know. people don't read...

eh. Ignore me i turned that into a rant...

im also terrified to see how the fandom is gonna react to the 4th game and movie if more info about the murderer is revealed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can understand the hate side, since he is a child murderer and he's a terrible person, but their arguments are completely invalid. They complain about people designing him to be hot. SO WHAT? Physical appearance and how hot someone looks does not have anything to do with how nice a person is. There are plenty of attractive scumbags. Two, people have long been sexualizing Freddy Krueger and have even made him an icon AMONG CHILDREN (child halloween costumes exist). So im kinda just. Where's the logic in that? Hating on one child murderer and not another. But i digress thats a bad example.
To be fair, The Nightmare on Elm Street movies have that special something horror franchises get when they have enough films under their belt. The fans of those movies start rooting for the villains because they're more interesting and complex and of course fun overall than the one dimensional victims. Heck, kids loved Freddy Kruger back in the day. The ones most likely to actually be killed by him were his biggest fans. Him and Jason.

Slackbot

Reaction score
What really gets me is that these people dont seem to understand the concept of liking someone as a villain. You sure can like an absolutely terrible person and not support any of their actions.
As someone who has been a fan of Negaduck since 1991, I agree with this. There's something attractive about a fictional character who is utterly, unrepentantly evil. You don't want anybody to be like Negaduck, or Purple Guy, or Hannibal Lecter in real life, but they can be great characters.

When people make Purple Guy bishounen or hot or sympathetic or in any other way soften him, in my mind they get away from the central point of his character: He is a serial child murderer. He's not the Purple Guy anymore, he's just someone they dipped in purple paint. I wouldn't slam someone else's art or story over that, though; I just shrug and move on. Fandoms don't need haters. (Pity haters are never in short supply.) *sigh* Poor Rebornica; I did like her art.

I've been drawing a comic about Springtrap/The Purple Guy, and I gave him a backstory, at least as far as his involvement with the various incarnations of the pizzeria and its mascots go. He's an utter SOB, but as a human he had to play it cool so he could indulge his "hobby" when the opportunity arose. As Springtrap he can let his inner beast out, because he's angry and frustrated and there's no other point to his existence any more. It's an interpretation of FNAF and the characters that I have not seen elsewhere, and I was expecting to take flak from every direction about it, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. No haters yet, only a few people who want to nitpick me on the number of ghosts or why I didn't include "Balloon Girl." And I'm very amused to notice that since I started a few other people have drawn Purple Guy to resemble my "Killer Bob" homage rather than a bishie or a solid purple man.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Heck, kids loved Freddy Kruger back in the day. The ones most likely to actually be killed by him were his biggest fans. Him and Jason.
Those 1-900 numbers are definite proof of his popularity with the younguns. :big_grin: