Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yes...yes, yes, YES!! I approve!!

Now, I'm beyond thankful that I won't be having anymore Tuesday night classes! (Temporarily at least)

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Number 1 trending topic on Facebook right now. Here is a screenshot of what was trending today so someday, we can look back on this event...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I liked what saw on the trailer except for how Piggy is portrayed. She doesn't remember Gonzo or anyone else? I mean I get the she doesn't like Gonzo all that much, but that doesn't mean she should forget his name!

Also, I'm glad Walter is going to be a part of the show, I like him a lot. Kudos to the new show incorporating lesser known characters in the show! Right now, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This hits the perfect tone. It's modern, it's parody and it's where audiences are. Besides, wasn't the backstage/behind the scenes stuff the best part of the Muppet Show? I'm sure they can work in some classic-looking material from time to time, but this is the Muppets just being the Muppets and I love that. I guess there are always going to be negative people who want the Muppets to stay stagnant. This is actually them moving forward. This non-formula actually loosens things up so that they're open to future possibilities rather than tied to a rigid formula or premise. It's sketch television masquerading as a mockumentary. Sneaky and very Muppety.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope this show doesn't get pinned in the ratings by CBS's overrated, formulaic, 2002 mentality series NCIS. Why that piece of crap gets ratings at all, let alone 2 spinoffs is beyond me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly what I said. NCIS. probably some bad reality competition on Fox and NBC? Who cares what they air as long as it isn't the equally overrated and useless The Voice.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked what I saw so far. It's not a retread of TMS or anything like that, but it's own thing, with only the out-of-character backstage stuff being reminiscent of it. I also like how there's a chance of obscure characters making their way back.

Seems like Repeat After Me is gone, and there's been no word on a renewal or cancellation. Did anyone ever seriously like that show?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So what shows is this going up against?
This show is up against some stiff competition. The Tuesday slot demonstrates a lot of confidence in the Muppets and I appreciate that. However, Wednesday would be Modern Family adjacent and that might be the better place for the show.

The Tuesday block will have the Muppets in competition with The Voice on NBC, He||'s Kitchen on Fox, NCIS on CBS and The Flash on the CW.

The Wednesday block would compete with The Mysteries of Laura on NBC, American Idol on Fox, Survivor on CBS and Arrow on the CW.

Either way, there's always DVR, OnDemand and Hulu for those with split loyalties.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, those who were worried about the Muppet Moments interstitials diluting (or further diluting) the public perception of the franchise should worry no more about this show. It's not for kids so much as "kids can watch it".