Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Pretty subdued here, guys. I'm so glad they are coming back, but not excited about what I'm hearing about their return.

I'm SOOOO not in the mood for snarky, jerky "playa" Kermit. Ugh.

The movies did such a lovely job of showing Miss Piggy's independence, her strength, her value to Kermit, but we couldn't possibly get more of that....

Time to cue the fat jokes, I suppose....
I don't know, it may leave room for Piggy to do some growing/learning/changing to win the Frog's heart this time. I don't know I personally believe and love the Kermit Piggy relationship from MTM. To see Kermit dating another pig seems off to me, but I'm going to give it a chance. I kind of also don't like the fact that Piggy has no clue who the other Muppets are. To me that seems a little off, but I could be wrong. Again I'm going to give this a chance and see where they take the Kermit and Piggy relationship.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Kermit dating other pigs is a little weird. I really hope that they don't mess up Kermit and Piggy. I'm all for growth and character development, but not changing the characters completely.
That said, there seems to be a large amount of Gonzo in this trailer and hopefully in the pilot. Good. We need more Gonzo. More Gonzo everywhere.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kermit dating other pigs is a little weird. I really hope that they don't mess up Kermit and Piggy. I'm all for growth and character development, but not changing the characters completely.
That said, there seems to be a large amount of Gonzo in this trailer and hopefully in the pilot. Good. We need more Gonzo. More Gonzo everywhere.
I just wonder what happened between Most wanted to the pilot that would cause Kermit and Piggy to split once again. In the 2011 movie Kermit realizes he needs Piggy and the other Muppets. In Most Wanted The Muppets and Piggy realize they need Kermit. So what happened for them to be apart again is all I'm wondering.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
Yeah, the timeline doesn't really make any sense. After doing a movie in which the Muppets need Piggy to put on a show, we now have a TV show with the same basic idea and same title? Very strange.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The fact alone of Piggy backing down and letting another woman let alone another girl pig get that close to Kermit is beyond me. dose anyone remember how Piggy use to act to most of the female guest stars who flirted with Kermit? Or what about Annie Sue, and how jealous she was of her? It just seems off to me, that's all.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
“I used to imagine when I was watching the oldMuppet Show that there’d be a bar across the street [from the Muppet theater],” he says. “And after they finished doing the show, Fozzie would come up to Kermit and say, ‘You know, it wasn’t our worst.’ That’s the show I wanted to see, and that’s the show I want to do." - Bill Prady

I think he nailed it there, the original TMS was great, but going deep into these characters is way better, and Rowlf getting surgery come on, who could not like that situation.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Kermit and Miss Piggy being OOC? Bit odd, not sure I like that.

Everything else? Makes up for it. IN SPADES. :big_grin:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Muppets aren't canon. Nothing really is. The last movie ties into their history just as much as them playing pirates, identical frog-bear twins or Dickensian characters. The Muppets are merely working actors who conform to whatever project their playing...and then run wild.