Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sorry Drtooth, but Maria's another afflicted/Disease of the Week character.

She's a stutterer.

Although the episode's already aired in Australia, it's only available on the internet in Korean, but it's pretty much determined that she has a stuttering problem.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a weird example, but sort of what they did with Jenna. Stinks they couldn't just make her shy. That would have worked much better and been a nice little in joke to why she was never featured in am episode ever. Eh, but whatever. It's not an unforeseen affliction that derails a character, so it isn't that bad.

You gotta wonder about Brain, though. He had that weird fear of water early in the series (relatively early, anyway), now he has a weird fear of storms. Not completely strange as much as random.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... this is something I'd never think they'd lampshade.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ah, good old buck-toothed Muffy from season 1 and the original books. How I missed thee. :smile:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funnily enough, when Muffy had buckteeth, everybody thought she was a hippo instead of a monkey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Flash animation has really improved with this sample, the animation looks much more natural, and considerably more fluid:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh... It actually is. That's a surprise.

I've come to an odd realization with the new episodes of Arthur. They somehow manage to look better on the computer than on television. I don't know why, maybe it's just me, maybe it's because I don't have a digital television, maybe it's an optical illusion... but for whatever reason, it looks smoother and better on the computer screen than television.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed the same with "HD" SST, but I guess these YT posting come directly from source material, while PBS broadcasts copies that may have been compressed or something.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Lots of perspectives and poses in that clip. I believe that's what makes it more impressive than usual.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looking at the current schedule for the next two months, here's what we're looking at in terms of unaired episodes:

June 1 and 4 - #1809 "The Pageant Pickle / Some Assembly Required"
June 2 and 5 - #1905 "Buster Isn't Buying It / One Ornery Critter"
June 3 - #1908 "Francine's Cleats of Strength / Little Miss Meanie"
July 7 - #1807 "Two Minutes / Messy Dress Mess"

That's quite a jump ahead to showing an episode that's close to the end of next season. So we're still missing three episodes from Season 18 - one of which was supposed to be the big deal episode "Shelter from the Storm".

Also looking at the schedule, with the exception of next week's repeats of the already-aired Season 18 episodes, and Season 16 halfway through July, we otherwise have absolutely no good episodes to look forward to for the next two months in terms of reruns. All Season 9, 10, and 15 reruns.