Sesame Street on SNL

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It seems like Eric Jacobson was not there for that. Bert was silent and Grover was no where to be found. I'm kind of surprised no one has said anything about the two headed monster being in the background.
Ryan also wasn't there. The part with Elmo was archived audio of Kevin.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
A lesser show would have made fake Muppets and use bad impersonations of the characters with little puppetry experience. SNL made this skit funny by using the real darn thing!

Not that MadTV's Sesame Street parody episodes weren't sometimes actually funny with a surprising amount of research, but other times hit or miss, but getting the actual Sesame Street Crew involved makes this skit thousands of times better than it could have been.
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find the last one of those skits, the Obesity one? My favorite thing about those bits was that they used real Sesame songs and changed the lyrics.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find the last one of those skits, the Obesity one? My favorite thing about those bits was that they used real Sesame songs and changed the lyrics.
Why would you want that one? It was awful, lazily written, and unfunny on every level. The others were varying levels of actually quite brilliant to pretty good, actually. This one was just... poor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The childhood obesity one was pretty funny, but yea, for some reason that one's never on YT, even though all the others are.

When it comes to awful and unfunny, though, my vote in that category goes to that first one they did about bird flu - all the others I enjoy very much, but the bird flu one is pretty bad.