Remembering Jim Henson, 25 years after May 16, 1990

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Since I was born way after Jim's death, I didn't really experience anything Jim was part of then, growing up watching "Elmofied" Sesame Street and my VHS tape of Muppet Classic Theater. I don't remember when, but it wasn't until I later watched The Muppet Movie that I really knew who Jim was. This man never ceases to inspire me, amaze me with his creativity, and, of course, make me feel entertained and happy.

I can't think of what else to say, but I just want to thank him for creating such a legacy and keeping audiences entertained for decades, and the same goes up to this day. Go ahead and disagree with me, but I think Jim will be so pleased to see how well Disney's currently doing with The Muppets. Sigh...he did make the world a better place for having him being here.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Since I was born way after Jim's death, I didn't really experience anything Jim was part of then, growing up watching "Elmofied" Sesame Street and my VHS tape of Muppet Classic Theater. I don't remember when, but it wasn't until I later watched The Muppet Movie that I really knew who Jim was. This man never ceases to inspire me, amaze me with his creativity, and, of course, make me feel entertained and happy.

I can't think of what else to say, but I just want to thank him for creating such a legacy and keeping audiences entertained for decades, and the same goes up to this day. Go ahead and disagree with me, but I think Jim will be so pleased to see how well Disney's currently doing with The Muppets. Sigh...he did make the world a better place for having him being here.
I think your right WalterLinz about how he would be happy with what the Muppets are doing.

I don't know if it's just me being of a simple mind, or just not really understanding the magnitude of the work of Jim Henson and the Muppets, but I have been thinking about the Muppet fandom as a whole. It amazes me that the Muppets have such a huge and world wide fan base. There message of love, respect, and acceptance have reached so many people, and not just here in the US, but all over the world. Sometimes I think that I'm the only Muppet/Henson fan out there, but that is honestly not the case. People all over the world love Jim and the Muppets, and to me it makes me more proud to be a fan of something so much bigger then I ever really realized. After watching Jim's memorial I finally understood what has drawn me to The Muppets all these years, and what keeps me as such a loyal fan. It's the heart, the love that Jim and everyone involved with the Muppets past, present, and future have given the Muppets. Because of Jim and his passion, and his always wanting to do more, and be better it makes me want to do the same thing in my own life.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was only 8 years old. It seems like it was just yesterday that I heard about it. I really wasn't that much aware of it till I saw the news reels about on Entertainment News. I buried something in my very backyard beyond the wire fence (where my dad built a building for his Taxidermy) now it's under concert.

Someone had gave me a whole new artcle about Jim and that's where it is. I would love to see it again or even scan it and upload it here but can't.

But it wasn't till a few day later when I saw the special that I started crying. It was sad but very entertaining enough to keep me from tearing up to much.

But I sure due love that man. He has brought out the kindness and imagination in me through out my years. And here's to more New Muppet stuff on the way.

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
Jim wasn't an ordinary Muppet performer. Jim was a legend at puppetry. He was the best at puppets and no one can argue that. I wasn't born until 10 years after Jim's death so I never got to know him, but I know in my heart that he is with me, and he with you too in your heart even if it up in the big house with Shari Lewis who died in 1998. Jim will always be in millions of peoples hearts. When I sing Rainbow Connection, I think of Jim. When I sing Bein' Green, I think of Jim. Basically any song performed by Jim when I'm alone, I think of him. Jim was different from any other puppet performer, he was a legend and we will never forget that.

“Someday we'll find it, that rainbow connection,
the lovers the dreamers and me.” - Jim Henson (1979)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was 22 when he died, a week before my college graduation. I grew up watching Sesame Street, TMS, and Fraggle Rock when they were all brand-new. But his death made me feel all that happiness he gave, all the love he created, all the trappings of
childhood- you gotta give it all up and grow up now. That depressed me more than his death.
Luckily I found as an adult I didn't have to give up anything. The seeds that Jim planted in me when I was little took root and in my own way, I found ways to create, express myself artistically, and love life just like he did.

Knowing how much he left behind, how he managed to inspire so many, it's hard to feel sad. You can't leave the magic, once it gets into your heart.

Thank you for a lifetime of wonder, Jim. You still rock. :smile:

Luke kun

Reaction score
Without Jim there would be no Crack Master. :smile::laugh:

Jim and the SS cartoon character "Tara Suzizi" inspired me. The former to laugh, and the latter to use your imagination. :fanatic:

R.I.P Jim. :frown:

Harleena

Reaction score
He may have died before I was born, but I still miss him. He inspires me to follow my dreams even if people say they're impossible.