Video: "The Muppets" Official ABC Trailer

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
I don't think that is going to be happening any time real soon. I mean I would assume Kermit was talking about Piggy when he said "She made my life a bacon warped Heck on earth" So I don't know.
I don't know either, but I'm kinda liking the whole Spamla and Kermit thing for some reason.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Is It possible Disney considers the Movies Canon but they do not consider the TV show Canon? And may be there is one more Movie with this set of Filmmakers to close out the Kermit and Piggy storyline and essentially this TV show is just to tide us over till the next movie comes out?

and also to bring the Muppets back to the main stream and hopefully have a better box office for there next theatrical film.

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
Is It possible Disney considers the Movies Canon but they do not consider the TV show Canon? And may be there is one more Movie with this set of Filmmakers to close out the Kermit and Piggy storyline and essentially this TV show is just to tide us over till the next movie comes out?

and also to bring the Muppets back to the main stream and hopefully have a better box office for there next theatrical film.
Maybe, but either way I think that Kermit loves Piggy more than he's showing. That's just me.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
This may just be my general dislike for Piggy speaking, but I think that the Kermit/Denise relationship might be quite refreshing. I'm not going to make any predictions about Denise now, but I'm interested in finding out how she defers from the Divine Porcine.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The variety show format wouldn't work. They tried three times to revive The Muppet Show in its variety show format with The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and France's MuppetsTV , but all attempts were not well-recieved and short-lived.
I thought Muppets TV was a talk show instead of a variety show.

Well, there might actually be a neat little in-joke happening there because Pamela Anderson's middle name is Denise (she was actually billed as Pamela Denise Anderson in her appearances on the early run of Home Improvement and in her first season or two of Baywatch).
One possibility I thought of: Maybe Denise is her real name and Spamela is her stage name or nickname (Hamderson could still be her real last name, or part of a stage name). I don't think Kermit and Spamela interacted much on Muppets Tonight, so maybe he didn't know her too well back then. The trailer makes it seem like the other Muppets are not too aware of her, but many of them weren't major on MT either.

Of course, we don't yet know what Denise is like. We haven't even seen her talk in the trailer. We don't know who's performing her. Maybe she's as ditzy as Spamela, maybe more, or maybe she's smarter. Maybe she's more like Kermit, personality-wise. Maybe she's like Miss Mousey. Or maybe she's bossier and more stuck-up than Miss Piggy.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Nah, it was both. It had talk show moments and afterwards sketch and musical segments. Had backstage scenes like the Muppet Show too.

One possibility I thought of: Maybe Denise is her real name and Spamela is her stage name or nickname (Hamderson could still be her real last name, or part of a stage name). I don't think Kermit and Spamela interacted much on Muppets Tonight, so maybe he didn't know her too well back then. The trailer makes it seem like the other Muppets are not too aware of her, but many of them weren't major on MT either.

Of course, we don't yet know what Denise is like. We haven't even seen her talk in the trailer. We don't know who's performing her. Maybe she's as ditzy as Spamela, maybe more, or maybe she's smarter. Maybe she's more like Kermit, personality-wise. Maybe she's like Miss Mousey. Or maybe she's bossier and more stuck-up than Miss Piggy.
I'd like to see Miss Mousey return. She could date :wink: lol
Nah, it was both. It had talk show moments and afterwards sketch and musical segments. Had backstage scenes like the Muppet Show too.

I'd like to see Miss Mousey return. She could date :wink: lol

Last edited by a moderator: