The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with you. If only Oogieloves got this treatment...
Here's another children's cartoon with CGI that's so terrible it will haunt your nightmares:
And I thought that religious based Barnyard knockoff was ugly. On the plus side, the copyright says 2007 and since no one's heard of them in the 8 years they existed, suffice to say this was a big honking failure. And with character designs that appalling, it's obvious that it couldn't even be mildly popular. Even Problem Solverz didn't abuse neon ugliness that bad.

Even doing dub voices for these terrible shovelware movies for Netflix/Redbox is more roles than Rob Schnieder deserves. I guess Adam Sandler is sick of having to carry him.

Eh, but at least this movie wasn't imported as a direct ripoff o0f anything. There's no Frog films coming out of Pixar or Dreamworks.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I agree with you. If only Oogieloves got this treatment...
Here's another children's cartoon with CGI that's so terrible it will haunt your nightmares:
Wow. That's some bleedin' scary character design. Amazing. It looks like they were created by a Rockafire Explosion fan on psychedelics.

"The Gigglebellies"? Really? I thought "Kissyfur" was the not-to-be-topped bad cartoon title. (Well, it still might be, actually. )

mr3urious

Reaction score
Eh, but at least this movie wasn't imported as a direct ripoff o0f anything. There's no Frog films coming out of Pixar or Dreamworks.
Must have been something to cash in off The Princess and the Frog, considering Keith David's in it. But seeing as that thing came out four years afterward, I'd say it's too little too late.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"The Gigglebellies"? Really? I thought "Kissyfur" was the not-to-be-topped bad cartoon title. (Well, it still might be, actually. )
Well, Kissyfur was furry, and arguably kissable. There's nothing to giggle about with these guys, so...

But seriously. I love Back to the Barnyard and all. It's surprisingly funnier and better done than the movie (which wasn't bad, but not mindblowingly great), but the human cast members are pretty ugly. Especially Snotty Boy (obviously on purpose). They look a trillion times less uncanny valley-y than these things. To quote old timey Homestar, "That monster's gonna give me nightmares."

Must have been something to cash in off The Princess and the Frog, considering Keith David's in it. But seeing as that thing came out four years afterward, I'd say it's too little too late.
Maybe? Somehow it looks like it's ripping off that old Tatsunoko anime about the frog that's supposedly depressing as heck. Considering that it's one of those "everywhere else in the world besides English speaking countries got it" type deals, this very well could have been one of those movies made in a European country that got it.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Alright, this may not be a film...but it is for kids and it's just...awful, (in my opinion). It's called "Sick Bricks" and it's the ungodly love child of Lego and Garbage Pail Kids. Maybe this is what they were going for but...the way the animation comes off it's just...poor. You can get away with "ugly" characters but they need to be somewhat appealing (at least I feel). The animation seems rushed lazy and half-a--ed.
Probably the poorest example of CGI I have seen in a long time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is a low level toyline from a 5th party company and all. I wouldn't expect them to be that good anyway. The humor seems obvious, and any attempt is just an excuse to call itself a "cartoon" when it's advertising. By all means, they're trying to be Lego in more ways than just the brick concept. After all, Lego manages to advertise their various lines through short internet (and sometimes CN) cartoons that are far better done.

Now I can't completely say the CGI is horrible so much as completely standard, substandard at worst for a fifth party toy company like Spin Masters. I have to admit, the concept of the toyline is pretty cool and all, but it's nothing Lego couldn't have done much better. The whole Mix and Match thing? Yeah, Lego has a certain subline that's all about mixing eccentric characters together that's fun and bouncy and someone my age certainly shouldn't be into it but...well... that's the power of their stupid cartoons. They're so catchy and dumb fun with some great voice actors involved (Jess Harnell, Tom Kenny, and Billy West to name a few), I can't help not like them. Lego has a hit movie down and 3 more in the pipeline and popular themes that spawn actually pretty good TV shows. Sick Bricks has a nice gimmick with the whole mix and match and tablet game connection, but I don't see this lasting more than a few more months before they hit deep discount clearance. Maybe it could stay around for a couple years like "Trash Pack" or something, but certainly as a toyline it doesn't seem to be hitting an audience. As a cartoon, even as one that's a commercial in disguise, it's meh at best. A slightly negative slanted meh yet.