Funko to release Sesame Street toys

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they made a Dennis the Menace, I'd rather see the original comic strip version of the character, and I'm sure others would. I really wish they'd get a comic strip line together, though. Garfield, Peanuts, Dilbert. Things like that. Plus, Home Alone is a Christmas Tradition movie. If they can do A Christmas Story, they can have Kevin and the two Wet Bandits. Maybe have Kevin do that pose that he only did once in the movie but was all over the promotional materials?

But you gotta wonder who's going to snatch up the 16 Candles ones. I wish they'd have more cartoon and unique character shaped figures in this selection. The Sesame Street, Inside Out, Futurama and Bravest Warriors ones look great. Personally, I can't wait for the Penguins of Madagascar ones to finally come out so I can snag Rico. Surprised there aren't ones for Home.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
http://funko.com/blogs/news/19126059-coming-soon-sesame-street-pop

Apparently Big Bird, Elmo, Count and Regular Grover have been dropped from the first series, I'm sure they'll pop up in series two. According to this they'll be available in May but Amazon have them listed for September but the good news is they are already starting to show up for preorder.

:super::insatiable::grouchy::frown::stick_out_tongue:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well looks like I am going to buy Super Grover:super:, Ernie:stick_out_tongue:, and Cookie Monster:insatiable:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From the look of the boxes, the Sesame Street line is its own subline as well. Which is strange.

You see, there are several sublines where every line fits in. Movies, animation, Gaming, Disney, and Television (which features animated characters before the animation subbrand). Look at how they're numbered. Super Grover is the first in the series, meaning it doesn't count as Television for some reason. Hopefully this means not only will there be a second series, but a longer running series as well.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I had realized that a while back too which is very strange, I mean The Simpsons fall under their TV Section, I'd have thought if anything they would have their own separate line not Sesame Street although I very glad it has worked out that way. I was actually more surprised that the Muppets got their own section and weren't mixed amongst the Disney ones.

What will be intresting are the New Dark Crystal Funkos, will they have their own section or will they be mixed with their Movie line if not will it be labelled as The Dark Crystall or The Jim Henson Collection? In the future if they make Labyrinth or Fraggle Funko Pops would they have their own separate lines or will they all be mixed together? But for now I'm getting ahead of myself, right now all I need to do is concentrate on finding a good price online and pre-ordering the SS Funko a.s.a.p

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I've seen a few different release dates for these online but I think it's safe to say that by May 31st these will start showing up everywhere.

I might be wrong but I think we've known about these for over a year, that's a very long wait for toys :super::frown::stick_out_tongue::insatiable::grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, these are indeed available now. The look much better in person. Really hope to at least grab one of them as soon as I can.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Why must I not be able to find the pops. I want Grover, Cookie, and Ernie the most.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Double Post: Just bought Super Grover at Barns & Noble.