Floyd and Janice: Adoption Story

Who should I Ship Kylie with here since Leah and Zoot will be a couple(*SpoilerAlert* srry)

• Total voters

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for the Wait I've had more time to write fanfiction working on two other chapters so here's to keep you occupied

Chapter 5

As Janice got Kylie comfortable back in the back of the bus. Floyd turned and drove the bus down a couple blocks the longer way through the alley to the back doors of the orphanage so Mrs Dungeon did not see them drive to the back and get suspicious of them as if she already wasn't enough.
'Oh Mr Floyd are you sure it's okay with you that Leah is with us I feel bad for acting like such a guilt trip. Mrs Dungeon always says we are so needy and clingy and too dependant on each other..maybe she's right' Kylie sighed shifting the black coat Janice had placed over shoulders.
'Like no you two did nothing to deserve the treatment you got there fer sure. I don't think she understands likely what you went through as a young child making you vulnerable and protective of Leah' Janice said
'You got that right mama. You no longer have to deal with her any longer Kylie. She's an ol bag who doesn't know how to raise children with love' Floyd said letting out his raspy laugh as Kylie and Janice giggled with him.
Floyd pulled up to the doors and parked keeping the engine running. Leah was standing on the steps saw it was Floyd And Janice with Kylie she took her bags and stumbled on as Floyd helped her on. Kylie got up from her seat relieved to see it was actually Leah and hugged her tight crying in joy petting her long blue hair.
'Oh I thought for sure I wouldn't see you again' Leah sobbed shaking and clinging to Kylie
'Me too sissy but you're here and we're hopefully not seeing Mrs D again I can call her that now we're not with her anymore' said Kylie as she pulled away and kissed Leah's head.
'Leah this is my girlfriend Janice she's going to be your other guardian besides me or your mother' Floyd said as he ushered Janice to come closer for a better look at Leah.
'Like hi sweetheart ..' Janice said sticking her hand for a hand shake but instead Leah lunged at her hugging her waist crying in relief. Janice hugged back a bit shocked but the type never to reject a hug and felt so heartbroken for them.
'Th-th thank you' sobbed Leah with her face in Janice's shoulder.
'Course it's no prob at all..shhh it's okay you're in a good home now..both of you! Get over here Ky' Janice said opening her other arm to hug both of her new daughters. Kylie sat next to them,Janice in the middle of a bus seat an arm around each girl as their heads rested on her shoulders. They felt very protected and safe with her and Floyd. They never had any security in the orphanage or with their own parents. Kylie was born in the west part or known as the hood of Chicago her birth mom or as she calls 'the woman who gave birth to me' was a dealer who was raped and conceived Kylie and surprisingly didn't get an abortion like a lot of women did and suggested. But instead gave birth secretly in a street corner on a mattress behind her apartment building and raised Kylie whilst still dealing drugs and used her daughter once she was 9 forcing her into prostitution where she was beaten and raped in ways you couldn't even imagine traumatizing her. The last straw came when she was 16 and was hit repetitively with a glass bottle by a 'client' and it shattered all over her glass piercing and mutilating her skin painfully. She ran away and was found by a woman who took her to the Orphanage where she was for almost a couple years where she met Leah who lost her whole family in a accident with a bus and a cemi collision with gasoline. She had nobody except Leo which she had limited contact with being he was in the army so all she has was Kylie. The girls had instantly connected and Leah taught Kylie what a parents love really was like and got very depressed and anxious with new strict rules and no nurturing or love. Mrs Dungeon saw them as servants and workers and there was nothing but discipline and shame involved in their mistakes which were often brought up against them. Kylie didn't seem to mind the orphanage at first until Leah told her about the love and affection she got then realized what she went through her whole childhood was completely abnormal.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Chapter 6

'We're here girls home sweet home' said Floyd parking in the parking lot.
'Wow this is where you live?!' Kylie exclaimed staring at the huge building all the muppets lived in.
'Fer sure! Like all of us muppets live here' said Janice. 'Like did you ever watch the Muppet show?'
'Not really just the common show every once and a while when my parents were alive Kylie was in the streets her whole life with rarely any and then mrs D banned any technology' said Leah when they entered It was like an apartment building with a main lobby and kitchen where the chef and Gladys cooked menu meals if you wanted to eat what was being made breakfast lunch or dinner and snacks and a place where you could play games watch tv and a swimming pool and jacuzzi which Janice loved and a tan booth and sauna which was often booked up by Miss Piggy too often so they had a schedule for those. Each Muppet had a casita (small house) by themselves or with a roommate/s up to 4 if they choose to have roomies like Janice Floyd and Animal had one now with the two girls (small connected house inside) that they all lived in with their own living room 1 bathroom 2 bedrooms a kitchen and patio. The lobby was empty as it usually was at that time because many were relaxing out or had rehearsal for the variety show.
'Hey Floyd,Janice!' Said an elderly gentleman behind the main desk reading a book under a lamp as he lifted his head to see the door open.
'Hey what's kicking Pops!' Floyd said
'So these are the ladies you mentioned to me in a text that will be with us now eh?'
'Fer sure girls this is Pops he's our security check at the show and Landlord for this place. Meet Kylie and Leah'
Kylie eagerly shook the older mans hand being the friendly open person she was to everyone while Leah just shyly waved at him sort of hiding behind Floyd.
'Well why don't we settle into our casita now and you can unpack and relax and I'll order us some takeout for a late supper since we missed the supper schedule at 530' Floyd said
'Okay' they replied as they followed Floyd and Janice to the elevator and they went to to the 4th floor which was the whole electric Mayhem bands Zoot and Teeth lived in one together,Lips and Delores in the other and of course lastly Janice Floyd Animal Leah and Kylie. Janice unlocked the door and let them in.
'Like this our place' she said as she took their jackets from them and hung them up.
'Hopefully every room should be rully easy to find but like I'll show you two to your room' said Janice.
'Woman! Woman!' Cried a Voice
Leah jumped at the voice grabbing Janice's arm as her anxiety rose as Kylie shrieked slightly.
'It's okay he's very friendly and gentle' said Floyd as he grabbed his chain 'Heel Animal! Sit!' he said. Animal listened to him and sat beside him on the floor.
'Animal these are our new girls Kylie and Leah they're gonna be me and Janice's new daughters'
'Hello' animal said as Kylie reached out to pet his head smiling awkwardly and unsure.
'Uh what is he exactly?' Leah asked
'Like we don't know' said Janice.
'Been with us for years he's a drummer in the band' Floyd said
'You're in a band?'Kylie asked
'Fer sure like I'm the lead guitarist and Floyds the bass player for The Muppet Show' Janice said
'Wow! So cool you do electric or acoustic?'
'A little bit of both and mostly electric'
'That's cool I never hear of a lot of electric guitar players that are female that's cool' said Leah.
'Fer sure I'm like the only girl besides Delores who's a trumpet player along with her husband Lips.' Janice said
'And there's Zoot our saxophonist and our band leader Dr Teeth and keyboard player and Rowlf our pianist you'll meet then all tomorrow at breakfast' said Floyd
'Cool' said Leah.
'Like Cmon girls let me show you to your room and Floyd why don't you order some Italian from Petes' Janice said as she lead the girls to their room where there was two twin beds for each of them.
'Here we are here's like where you'll be staying' said Janice
'Looks Comfy' said Leah
'Well like I hope so,I let you two unpack I'll call you when suppers here'
'Okay' the girls replied as Janice smiled and kissed them each on the cheek and left.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Chapter 7
'No no!' Leah moaned in her sleep. It woke Janice as she sat up to listen in a little to make sure she wasn't dreaming out of concern for both of them and heard scared wheezing crying coming from the girls room. She then got up slowly and quietly without waking Floyd or Animal and crept down the hall and peeked through the crack of the door to find Leah curled in a ball hyperventilating in sobby breaths.
'Like Leah?' She sat on the edge of the bed and reached a arm toward the crying shaky girl and touched her tear stained cheek and stroked it.
'J..Janice?..'
'Fer sure Hun...shhh..shh it's alright..' Janice lay next to Leah holding her hand and stroking her long blue hair.
'Shhh..' She soothed 'Calm down we don't want to wake Kylie up. Take a rully deep breath and tell your momma Jan what's wrong so I can comfort you in the best way I can' Janice said. Leah sniffled and squeezed Janice's hand in hers and sighed deeply took a couple breaths and said 'I...I had a really bad night terror....I suffer from them every night and I had the w-worse one' Leah sobbed.
'Oh my poor baby I wish we knew c'mere come snuggle in my lap' Janice said sitting up a little with her arms open as Leah crawled into them laying in her lap. Janice held her close cradling her like a newborn baby curled against her and rocked her back and forth as the tears flooded down from Leah's eyes soaking the shoulder of her Sweater.
'So like Do you wanna tell me what it was you like dreamt about exactly?' Janice said
'I..I was yelled and beaten and...and chased as I tried to run away...from Mrs Dungeon..it was graphic and horrifying the fear was p-paralyzingly' sobbed Leah she couldn't continue
'Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry to hear that but it was just a dream honey boo. You're safe and sound in a cozy bed with me away from her' Janice reassured.
'I guess but she could find me with a search party..'
'Honey were like hours away she doesn't know where we live well protect you it's okay..' Janice said softly as she caresses Leah's hair.
Leah began to droop at her soft gentle soothing touch of her hands and fell back fast asleep. Janice tucked in the young blunette and kissed her goodnight. She went to Kylie's bed to do the same to her but she wasn't there. Janice panicked a little and crept down the hall looking for her and found her sitting in the living room on the couch looking very somber.
'Kylie?'
Kylie jumped at the sudden whisper looking up to see Janice standing in the doorway.
'Oh hey Janice..'
'Like trouble sleeping?' Janice asked cocking her head a little to the side.
'Affirmative'
Janice went over and took a seat next to her eldest adopted girl.
'Like I don't blame you Fer sure its a bit weird being in a new place isn't it?'
'Yeah..so why are you up? How did you know I was out here?' Kylie asked in curiosity looking at her mom.
'Oh Leah had a rully bad dream and I stayed with her til like she went back to sleep and I went to check on you and you weren't in bed..'
'Oh..'
'Something bothering you babe?like It appears to be something else on your mind you look very unhappy..'
Janice patted Kylies leg and knee which trembled slightly and her eyes got misty.
'Kylie,talk to me' Janice said lifting Kylies face to look at her using two fingers under her chin.
'You can tell me it's what I'm here for rully'
Kylies Lips began quivering badly as she lost it unable to contain her emotion.
'I'm scared...and worried for Leah' she sobbed as Janice moved closer and embraced her and swayed back and forth gently.
'Yeah. Like What exactly are you worried about sweetheart?'
'It's just....Mrs Dungeon...She could be trying to track her...I'm scared and trying to be brave for Lees sake but it's just...I could...I can't....it's too hard. I can't be strong enough' Kylie buried her face in Janice's chest sobbing her heart out as quietly as possible as Janice lifted her so she was sitting on her knee as Janice squeezed her arms around her shushing her gently rubbing her neck.
'Shhh..shhh honey boo...don't worry about it like we are far away from Mrs D. Nothing bad will happen to either of you rully bae. Not while you're in our protection and especially since we got animal' Janice said giggling a little
'I guess...I'm just afraid of bring separated from her forever Janice..I dunno what I'll do..'
'Oh ky..' Janice said kissing her gently on the head.
'Don't think about it it's not happening as we know it but if it does well figure out what to do we will get the law involved Fer sure'
Kylie sighed as she lay on her moms shoulder 'Promise?'
'Fer sure..now should I take you back to bed?'
'I dunno..I'm really not ready to sleep'
'Aw okay well like why don't we try something my father did this always like it used to work on me when I was sleepless about anything'
'What is it?'
'Well he would hold me just like this' Janice said as she cradled Kylie even closer to her chest and fully into her lap 'And would stroke my hair and sing this..'

Hush child
Let your mommy sleep into the night until we rise
Hush child
Let me soothe the shining tears that gather in your eyes
Hush child
I won't leave I'll stay with you to cross this Bridge of Sighs
Hush child
I can help the look of accusation in your eyes
In your eyes

The world is broken and now
All in sorrow
Wise men hang their heads

Hush child
Let your mommy sleep into the night until we rise
Hush child
All the strength I'll need to find, I'll find inside your eyes
In your eyes

As Janice finished the lullaby she noticed how much heavier Kylie was in her arms she was out like a light. Janice smiled kissing her head as she lifted her up and carried her back to bed.