Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I hate it when people call Walter "dull", "boring", and "unnecessary".

Once I read a ton of negative comments about him on Twitter, and, no kidding, I got so angry about it I stomped my foot and got into a tantrum.

But after a while, I learned not to get into a situation like this again. Afterward I looked back and laughed over the fact that I got emotional over somebody's opinion about him. And I know someone's opinion shouldn't change my thoughts and feelings or my opinion about him.:fanatic:
i never found Walter to be any of the above, i see nothing wrong with Walter. at first he seemed like he upstaged scooter , but that quickly stopped .

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ju mean like Rolf or Ralph the Dog? Or even worse, Peggy? :frown:

HuggaMahna

Reaction score
Possibly the worst one yet:

Was looking online for Muppet plushes...saw one labelled "Gonzo the Great Doll".

It was Minnie Mouse.

How do you mess that up!?! It was a complete ripoff too, it was 75 dollars.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Growing up with Muppet videos back in Ohio, my family likes that stuff, so I don't hear much critical or controversial statements from them (Sarcastic? maybe, I tend to take things too literally!)

But mistakes can still happen: my friend Debbie accidentally called Jim Henson "George Henson"! :eek: Also, as I'd posted earlier, Dad tried to tell Mom the news of his death as "He's was the guy who performed Miss Piggy..." but I like said! He knew soon enough of his wrong guess.

Anyway, this is a rockin' thread here! :cool: We could create a quiz outta this--one that would separate those of true fanatics from the trollons! [Trollon: as in both moron and troll as I saw somewhere here...]

Harleena

Reaction score
Mine are:
  • "Fozzy Bear"
  • "Janis"
  • When people think that the 2011 movie is the first Muppet film. I'm not kidding, I actually met someone like this.
  • "Aren't Bert and Ernie a couple?"
  • I've actually met a person who said that Jim Hansen created the Muppets. It's spelled HENSON! H-E-N-S-O-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • "It's Veggie Monster now."
  • "The Muppets are for babies."
  • "Rolf/Ralph/Rowlph/etc." I remember that they had the Disney pin which said "Rolf" on it. I saw it when I was buying some pins, because the saleswoman had a whole vest of pins of pretty much everything ever.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the "Rolf" pin was discussed by us Muppet fans or Walters now back when the Disney Pincast was up and running.