Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
@Daffyfan2003 considering that The Count just got a new makeover, it would most definitely be a waste to not use him in street scenes this upcoming season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope this upcoming season features more regular characters from the series and less spastic fairy tail character bouncing around episodes. But I've said that a hundred times by now, so there's no real need to restate that.

Though it is disappointing that the only real capacity that The Count has been in this season was the number of the day song.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just can't wait. I really hope to see new stories with older cast members or even have a street story that has alot of Muppet characters with Human cast characters too or even a 3 part episode. How cool would that be? AWESOME!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not getting too ahead of this. If they don't do 20 episodes with the identical initiative driven plot, I'll be happy. Or if they can at least space them out more.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the article. It really sheaded some more light on the set. I think it'll really do well. I just want to know where everyone is living now.

Bert and Ernie
Bob
Gordon and Susan

I really would like to know where does Alan, Chris, Leela and Mando live?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I realize I keep gawking about the new retro Hooper's Store (I guess it's better than I had imagined), but I liked David's point about adding the neon sign, thus giving it a little bit of edge, because that really is a great big city touch, and one of the reasons why I actually liked the Mail-It-Shop when it was around, because it had neon signs, which gave it touch of realism, as does this new vertical Hooper's sign (from what I've seen, NYC seems to have quite a number of vertical neon signs).

Maybe I don't see it the same way, but his point about the modern incarnations of Hooper's being "flat", I never really saw it that way; Seasons 39-45 Hooper's looked pretty much like any modern convenience store you'll find today, and it was kind of slick looking, not so sure what was so "flat"about it. In the USA TODAY video, he mentioned that the rest of the staff were talking about wanting to update Hooper's again to make it even more modern and contemporary . . . I honestly don't know how much moer modern it could've been.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
they have to avoid outdated material, because they either won't make sense to the kids watching, or the educational content doesn't meet the requirements of today's preschool kids.
Really sick of this unfounded fear that kids head's will explode in confusion if they happen to see anything made before the year 2000. PBS is doing kids no favors by perpetuating such a shallow, flavor of the month attitude. They are depriving kids the value of history and culture by doing this. In no way is it helpful. Ill be buying the Old School DVDs for my friends' kids, and will feel no guilt whatsoever. :wink:

Plus I don't get the impression it has anything to do with evolving educational needs. More likely it was a mandate from the suits in charge having to do with the popularity of certain characters/toys. Also, in general, when new people take over franchises over the years, they often try to edge out the work of those who came before them, purely in a move to stack their own corporate territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.