TV Tropes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think somebody has recently started up a YKTTW thread for that called Creator's Pest.

I think there was another one that somebody wanted to call "The Meg" since Meg Griffin has fallen into that category.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After looking at Cut Lex Luthor a Check, it seems like I misunderstood what the trope was about. I think I talked about it here before, as I didn't think the trope title exactly made sense, but previously I thought the trope was for villains who use inventions or other resources to become rich but already seem to have enough money for the resources. But now I see that it's actually for criminals who use weapons for illegal means to become rich but they could easily profit from their resources legally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been reading a few Fridge pages lately, and while I can see some of the points and interpretations that have been made in regards to some works of fiction out there, there's one that I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around:

On the GOOD BURGER Fridge page, somebody said that Ed pretty much faked his stupidity just because he wanted Dexter to be his friend. Apparently, Ed couldn't have been so stupid that he couldn't see that Dexter was ripping him off and taking advantage of him by taking most of the proceeds off his secret sauce, but just went along with it anyway so he could be friends with him.

I really don't see that at all, I think somebody is looking way too deep into this movie. We see from the get-go that Ed is, indeed, stupid. Well, maybe not stupid, but he's definitely not very bright, and we see that common sense is not something he really possesses; on top of that, Ed was the one who suggested that Dexter receive a percentage of his profits since putting the sauce on every burger was his idea in the first place. Yes, Ed just wanted to be friends with Dexter, but I don't think he was faking stupidity in order to do so - and better yet, who fakes stupidity to get someone to be friends with you?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm annoyed by the fact that some TVTropes members think "Finishing each others' sandwiches" was exclusive to Frozen and was never The Simpsons used The Simpsons before The Simpsons in any The Simpsons Way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, that's kind of like how "Meh" was added to Webster's Dictionary, and Homer was credited as making the word a part of people's ordinary vocabulary -- never mind the fact that George the Janitor was the one who usually entered a scene with, "Meehhhh..."

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are obscure iterations of that phrase sure. Just like D'Oh was originally a longer growl by some old comedian that Dan Castelanetta based Homer's voice on.

For the record, it was either Bart or Lisa that first said "meh" in the Simpsons, not Homer.

But the Finishing each others' Sandwiches is a very uniquely Homer-esque line, wouldn't you agree?

Harleena

Reaction score
I guess that "Misaimed Fandom" could qualify, in a way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was looking at Reality is Unrealistic lately. All these years I thought it was for when something is real but the general public don't think it was (one example I can think of, which I didn't see there when I last checked but recall seeing on the page for The Wizard of Oz, is that the Cowardly Lion's costume looks like a poorly-made lion suit but was made from actual lion skin). But as I looked at the page, it seems like a lot of it is for things that are different in fiction because it's easier to do that way (like substituting things for foods that spoil under hot lights) or because people expect it to be that way (which would be the Coconut Effect).

There's an Early Installment Weirdness and a Later Installment Weirdness. I wonder if there should be a Middle Installment Weirdness, for shows that might have had a change sometime between the beginning and end that didn't last long and therefore they changed back to how it was (one example I can think of is the second season of The Red Green Show). But then again, it seems like the two tropes are different. Seems like Early Installment Weirdness is for odd things that happened early on before characters were really developed, while later installment weirdness is for major changes that happened later on.